• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dst

Jan 29, 2008
    Cary, NC
    I love how they automatically declare it a weapon. When I was young, I was taught it was a tool.

Any time I whip out the knife at work (Leatherman e307x, discontinued though), HR lady comes by and semi-seriously tells me that I'm not allowed to carry weapons at work. If you're reading this thread, you very likely look at this tool and don't see a weapon. I sure don't. It's definitely not a great knife, but I think it's a good one.

Koszmar

Apr 3, 2009
    Manchester
    If anyone from work says that stuff to me, I tell them how I will stab them with my pen and see if I get charged with assault with deadly weapon.

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    When I was younger I was taught that it's part of your underwear. " Anytime you have on your underwear, you need to have your keys and your pocketknife". I have worn out probably 15 high quality knives in my life and never used one as a weapon. That tells me it's a tool. Just like I've tightened alot of screws in my life and never stuck anyone with a screwdriver.

just my$.02

andy

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    i carry the spyderco endura 4(not wave) everyday and i have got to say i love this knife .

I love this one too. Its my every day carry knife, and I've taken it to work with me for the past 4 or 5 years.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Thanks to everyone for the input. After much reflection, and looking at the suggestions I decided to get another Spyderco Delica. Not wanting to be totally stuck in a rut I had one all picked out in foliage green and...
    I found my old knife! I guess it pays to clean your car every now and then. Even though I swear I had checked there it must have slipped out of my pocket as it was down between the seat and the center console.

Dst

Jan 29, 2008
    Cary, NC
    If anyone from work says that stuff to me, I tell them how I will stab them with my pen and see if I get charged with assault with deadly weapon.

I also carry a fountain pen, which I've uncapped while delivering that line.

I found my old knife! I guess it pays to clean your car every now and then. Even though I swear I had checked there it must have slipped out of my pocket as it was down between the seat and the center console.

Y'know...now that you mention it...

That's really happened to me too many times. I used to just clip the knife in my pocket but it's for this very reason that I now carry the knife securely clipped to my belt if my pants don't have one of those nifty knife pockets in 'em.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    I seem to remember an ad campaign from when I was a kid about "Uncle Henry" knives. They were guaranteed against loss. I don't remeber the details of the guarantee (surely they had conditions) or even know if they are still in business but it was a good campaign as I still remember it afte at least 3 decades.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I'll vouch for the Kershaw Leek, carried one in uniform for the past 4 years. Nowadays since I have to dress the part for the jobby-job, it may be replaced. I'm thinking about the CRKT K.I.S.S. Shorter, thinner, and it doubles as a money clip.

Any other suggestions?

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    Thanks to everyone for the input. After much reflection, and looking at the suggestions I decided to get another Spyderco Delica. Not wanting to be totally stuck in a rut I had one all picked out in foliage green and...

I have found the best way to find a lost item is to buy its replacement. Several times I have given up looking for something, bought another, and like magic found it.

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I absolutely love my knife
    ColdSteelRecon2.jpg

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I'm rocking a 3" Gerber EVO Tanto ... $20 at Wal-Mart lol

Looks to be discontinued and replaced with a drop point model that's getting mixed reviews.

sharp as @#$% and has stood up to the abuse I've put it thru for going on a year. It's survived a half dozen camping trips and countless little odd jobs. Nitride coated SS but it's kept a feirce edge on it so far. Works for me.

Pretty much the only knife I own. It sits next to the cell phone and wallet and goes in my pocket as soon as I put my pants on and it's always right there on me. I'm lost without it. Boss at my last job knew I had it and never said anything. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_5851 contrast and scaled.JPG
      IMG_5851 contrast and scaled.JPG
      22.7 KB · Views: 217
    • IMG_5852 contrast and scaled.JPG
      IMG_5852 contrast and scaled.JPG
      27.2 KB · Views: 214

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I've got a box of knives and just swap them out when I lose them. They usually pop up in the laundry or somewhere where it falls out of my back pocket. Anyway, having extras never hurts. I like the Spydercos, but my favorite carry knives are Cold Steel Voyagers. The CRKT M21-04 also is an incredible knife.

Unless you're left-handed, avoid chisel-grind knives. Most are ground on the left sides (for cosmetic reasons), so cutting angles are all wrong for right-handed folks. CRKT knives with serrations are just horrible for chores like cutting wood unless you hold the knife in your left hand -- but why do that? The M21-04 is double-ground and doesn't have those horrible bumpy serrations that are more saw than knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom