• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • euro2fast4u

Mar 1, 2015
    Frederick
    Is it spring yet?

Hello everyone. I joined to get some information about local dealers and shooting ranges. Personally i enjoy cars too much, but due to the weather i have been drooling over some guns :D

i didnt realize there was an FFL dealer downtown on east street by beans and bagels. haha must have walked past it a couple 100 times when i lived down town.

Anyway, I guess the real reason i came on here is to find more information about building an ar-15.

Since i cant really afford the grand it takes to build one i was going to build it up over the years.

From my understanding i need to purchase a lower. And that requires going to an FFL dealer and then what?

Secondly, i glanced over something about purchasing the gun in a trust. How does that work? and why would i want to do that?

Thanks, and hoping everyone is staying warm haha

ELLICOTT

Feb 28, 2015
    Is it spring yet?

Hello everyone. I joined to get some information about local dealers and shooting ranges. Personally i enjoy cars too much, but due to the weather i have been drooling over some guns :D

i didnt realize there was an FFL dealer downtown on east street by beans and bagels. haha must have walked past it a couple 100 times when i lived down town.

Anyway, I guess the real reason i came on here is to find more information about building an ar-15.

Since i cant really afford the grand it takes to build one i was going to build it up over the years.

From my understanding i need to purchase a lower. And that requires going to an FFL dealer and then what?

Secondly, i glanced over something about purchasing the gun in a trust. How does that work? and why would i want to do that?

I just joined too and it seems everybody here is very helpful.

euro2fast4u

Mar 1, 2015
    Frederick
    I just joined too and it seems everybody here is very helpful.

Thats what it seems like! I have been following the facebook page but since it snowed again this morning i really dont feel like wrenching today.

Here is what im trying to replicate

jtacsprmk12mod0rsideme1.jpg

Was trying to get this lower to start

http://www.sawtac.com/product.spike...atic-lower-223-rem-556nato-na-black-non-color

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Is it spring yet?

If you want to buy a stripped lower, you do not need to have an HQL.

I'm local and would be willing to help you assemble everything.

Check out Shooter's Discount in Mt. Airy, just watch out for Lou. He is a character.

You can also check out Engage Armament in Rockville. They make good stuff.

Gun trusts are usually done for NFA items like silencers, machine guns, SBR's, and SBS's. What you are planning on building does not fall under those criteria in the beginning.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thought that said hangover haha

So then i can pretty much go to either shop and purchase a stripped lower?

what happens when i start assembling it?

I may take you up on your offer haha

That is correct.

What do you mean, "What happens when I start assembling it?". You are just building the receiver in to a functional firearm. Which way do you want to go with a lower, HBAR or pistol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom