• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Modrak

Jun 1, 2010
    Walkersville
    My wife just had some Novak fiber optics put on her G19 at Gun Runners in downtown. He did better then I could... I don't have the tools. I did notice that the top corners of the rear site are "scuffed" or "rubbed", like what ever tool he used to slide the sight into the slot was applied to the top of the sight instead of the base. My wife didn't notice it until I pointed it out though. Maybe because I'm more a 1911 type of guy. :)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    My wife just had some Novak fiber optics put on her G19 at Gun Runners in downtown. He did better then I could... I don't have the tools. I did notice that the top corners of the rear site are "scuffed" or "rubbed", like what ever tool he used to slide the sight into the slot was applied to the top of the sight instead of the base. My wife didn't notice it until I pointed it out though. Maybe because I'm more a 1911 type of guy. :)

I use a Meprolight and SIG factory sight pushers, and they all push on the middle/top portion of the sights. They sometimes do leave a small mark, which may be mitigated by placing a piece of brass or something between the pusher and the sight. However, the marks are usually pretty light and can be rubbed out with some steel wool. Sometimes the bluing gets rubbed, which can be touched up with cold blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom