• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    4473 the Bump Stock for Reciprocity.... I'll go for that.. Unless you build it yourself of course.

Rubber bands not used for sandwich bags or pony tails and any belt with more than 22% Lycra or any other modern polymer flexible fabric are from this day forward a NFA scheduled item.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The NRA is an arm of domestic manufacturers. Never forget that. They want reciprocity because they think they can sell more crap handguns.

If you ever think they're going to compromise for your benefit or fight for anything that favors people that actually enjoy guns, remind yourself

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_041257.jpg
      IMG_20171006_041257.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 337

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Remember, Paul "I'm a sportsman" Ryan is the tard we're trusting to help gun owners.

Sportsman is code for a "pro second amendment" Fudd that owns a shotgun

Attachments

• 10982136_300638356726614_3625422533690011116_n1.jpg
      10982136_300638356726614_3625422533690011116_n1.jpg
      163.5 KB · Views: 313

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The problem is how many weak Rs might vote with the Ds to 'do something' even if it includes worse gun control. McCain would surely back his buddy Schumer, along with a few other weak senators.

If the WH and Congressional leadership see those votes, it is better for the Rs and NRA to craft legislation together rather than let DiFi put a bill on Trump's desk.

For example:
    DiFi: bump stock possession banned, 30 round mag transfer and manufacture banned, "assault rifles" are NFA.
    NRA: bump stocks are NFA items with 365 day amnesty registration period, national reciprocity, strengthen FOPA travel protection and a few other small niceties.

Which bill would you rather see become law?

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Trump is the single best argument against increasing Government power or control. Liberals a very fearful of Trump's "tyranny" We need to get liberals to arm themselves, embrace the 2nd amendment while there is still time, who knows what a 2nd Trump term would bring?! Use their fears against them:tinfoil:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The problem is how many weak Rs might vote with the Ds to 'do something' even if it includes worse gun control. McCain would surely back his buddy Schumer, along with a few other weak senators.

If the WH and Congressional leadership see those votes, it is better for the Rs and NRA to craft legislation together rather than let DiFi put a bill on Trump's desk.

For example:
    DiFi: bump stock possession banned, 30 round mag transfer and manufacture banned, "assault rifles" are NFA.
    NRA: bump stocks are NFA items with 365 day amnesty registration period, national reciprocity, strengthen FOPA travel protection and a few other small niceties.

Which bill would you rather see become law?

I take the NRA bill.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead

While this is true, the NRA's statement called for ATF to deal with this not congress. And some R's are leaning this way. If ATF took it up that should leave the focus just on the bump stocks and hopefully avoid anything else being targeted. Of course that doesn't help with getting something in exchange but could be best course to avoid further restrictions.

qwertee123

Choose Freedom
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2009
    Stuck in MoCo ...
    Trump is the single best argument against increasing Government power or control. Liberals a very fearful of Trump's "tyranny" We need to get liberals to arm themselves, embrace the 2nd amendment while there is still time, who knows what a 2nd Trump term would bring?! Use their fears against them:tinfoil:

So Trump should:

• Declare AntiFA a domestic terrorist organization
    • Cut ALL federal funding to states with sanctuary cities
    • Send federal agents in to clean-up gang violence in major Democratically run/controlled cities
    • Build a Great Wall along our Southern border

I’m okay with all that.
    The sooner he does that the less we’ll be talking about gun control.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The Rs need to have a bill ready in case the Ds are getting close to enough votes to pass their bill, then the Rs can push their bill instead.

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    seems they keep saying Gun people or GOP are not willing to do anything or take any action. Real problem is we haven't taken the actions THEY want us to take.

As a smoker, I remember everyone saying....no smoking in offices....then it became, bars, then ball games. Now its open parks down town. Hell they want to take your kids if you smoke in the car. So that is the slippery slope.

So on guns....

If they want a conversation, or discussion, let's talk. How about bump stocks for National reciprocity on conceal and carry? Can we discuss it?

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    So Trump should:

• Send federal agents in to clean-up gang violence in major Democratically run/controlled cities

I’m okay with all that.

I agree, which is why his supporters all need to take a page from Ann Coulter's book and be merciless about Trump's failures so far to accomplish these things, and even more critical of the Republican establishment's anti-american stonewalling on these critical issues. Make it clear that the American people want all of these things to happen, and that every congressional election will be Moore v. Strange all over again until it does, especially if you vote for any Dem-sponsored gun grabber bill.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    So Trump should:

I’m okay with all that.

Repeal obamacare*

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I'm far more interested/apprehensive about what Annapolis will pass. The likelihood of anything major happening at the Fed level is remote but God knows what ridiculous bills Annapolis will push next session as a result of this come January 2018. You can guarantee they are already drafting new language now...

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I'm far more interested/apprehensive about what Annapolis will pass. The likelihood of anything major happening at the Fed level is remote but God knows what ridiculous bills Annapolis will push next session as a result of this come January 2018. You can guarantee they are already drafting new language now...

A pre hql license in order to obtain a hql? 30 day wait on a pistol purchase? Ammunition qualification license?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom