• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    That is what they want.... but it will be a huge mistake to turn even a significant portion of otherwise law abiding citizens into outlaws... the "I will not comply" movement will pick up huge momentum (as it has been steadily doing) and will ultimately nullify the legitimacy of the government.

I think alot to do with Patriotic movement also. Obama's 'right wing extremists'.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    NSSF responds

For those of you who haven't been following the thread in the IP section, under SOTAR, in regards to changes made in the definition of manufacturing as it regards to gunsmithing, you should be following it closely.

In a nutshell, the DDTC has ruled that basically any gunsmith task is now going to be considered "manufacturing" which will require the business owner to register with the DDTC at a cost of about $2500 dollars.

This has the ability to severely impact, if not cripple, small business owners all over the country.

Tomorrow, the NSSF is having an import export conference and on the third day there is a small time slot where the DDTC will be present. I have already sent the NSSF an email asking for this to be addressed and I am urging everyone else to do so as well.

Below is a copy of the email I sent along with links to the NSSF:

I was wanting to inquire about the recent ruling of the DDTC regarding manufacturing and gunsmiths.

Since I saw there is an import and export conference scheduled for the 1st of August, I was wondering if the impact this ruling will have on small businesses will be addressed?

So far this has directly impacted several small shops in my area and there are many more around this country that I am sure will be impacted as well.

I noticed there was an hour of time budgeted on the last day of the conference for state department licensing. I hope that within that hour, some type of plea will be made on behalf of all the small businesses that will be adversely affected by their ruling.

Respectfully,

xxxxx xxxxxx

Feel free to change the wording as anyone sees fit. It's not much but the DDTC will be at the conference on the third day.

Conference agenda link:
    http://nssf.org/govrel/importexportconference/agenda/

NSSF Contact link:

http://nssf.org/contact/

Link to the state department letter:

https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/compliance/documents/ITARRegReqFirearmsManufacturers.pdf

Please, take a minute to send something. Spread the word to your friends on other forums.

Export Control Reform - Fast Facts

Attachments

• NSSF.JPG
      NSSF.JPG
      142.7 KB · Views: 115

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC