• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I will be teaching part of the Armed Self Defense in the Home class on 4/21 at the Machine Gun Nest in Frederick. This is an approximately 3 hour class taught by L5 Tactical. It is all classroom and discussion (no shooting) and consists of three blocks of instruction: combat mindset, tactical considerations in defending your home, and legal aspects of defending your home (this part taught by yours truly). Its a great class. I've sat through it several times and always learn something new. More info at here at The Machine Gun Nest.

Tom Perroni

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Let me know If you would still like to run the class and I would be more than happy to help~!

I love to teach so we don't need a minimum number of students!

P.S. I'm not just a cop I'm a SWAT Instructor!

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Thanks Tom for the generous offer. I'm just a sub contractor so to speak. L5 Tactical staff in coordination with the Machine Gun Nest do all the scheduling etc and all the other blocks of instruction. I just show up and teach the legal portions.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Is cancellation something L5 is notorious for?

I was supposed to be taking a course with them tomorrow. Just now got an email that it has been cancelled due to lack of enrollment.

David1959

Jul 18, 2015
    I took the Armed Self Defense in the Home course with L5 at the Machine Gun Nest back in the fall. Honestly…you’re better off going through the average 4 hour Utah CCW class. MMTA comes through Frederick a couple of times a year, and the class is in the conference room at the Hilton and costs around $70 (I paid $49 during a special snow day sale). The L5 class was canceled 3 times on me before they finally held it, and even then only 4 people showed. Jeez I thought the class would be full given the location and subject matter. Go figure.

The lawyer segment was really interesting, but the rest was stuff you could readily get on Youtube, any Massad Ayoob book, or any gun magazine article. The Utah class also had a nice segment on pepper spray that L5 does not. So, IMHO, you would basically be paying to hear the lawyer speak for an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom