Active Junky cash back 12% Cabela's, 6% Palmetto State Armory.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    I just noticed that Palmetto State Armory is on Active Junky with a 6% cash back and that Cabela's upped their cash back to 12% for father's day. I have used Active Junky, they actually do send you a check.:thumbsup:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I just noticed that Palmetto State Armory is on Active Junky with a 6% cash back and that Cabela's upped their cash back to 12% for father's day. I have used Active Junky, they actually do send you a check.:thumbsup:

Cabela’s is only 2% on ammo FYI.

But yeah, Palmetto just popped up on there a few weeks ago.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Cabela's also has 10% plus free shipping for CLUB members today.

How does Active Junky work? I just signed up. I realize I have to go to Cabela's site through Active Junky. I also signed up to to be reimbursed through PayPal. When buying something how does one verify Active Junky is reimbursing them?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

How does Active Junky work? I just signed up. I realize I have to go to Cabela's site through Active Junky. I also signed up to to be reimbursed through PayPal. When buying something how does one verify Active Junky is reimbursing them?

I get a PP deposit every 3 maybe 4 months and an email from AJ letting me know. Also get an email after payment/purchase is made saying how much I saved.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I do a similar thing with ebates. Get a PP deposit every quarter. Hardly ever more than 5-8 dollars but a little something is better than a lot of nothing.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

As others have said. Visit Cabela’s or whatever other site before checking out. Then just check out. Active junky embeds a cookie, I believe, which the partner site reads off your browser and then the partner site notifies Active Junky.

I’ve had it not work twice, once from a Brownells about a year ago and once from Dick’s (when I was willing to shop there). I contacted customer service with the transaction ID (everytime you click through it saves a transaction ID in your profile in active junky) and what I spent. For Brownell’s it took about 8-10 days but the 4% was deposited in my account then.

Never happened with Dick’s (another reason to never shop with them). It’s on the partner site to let Acfive Junky know both at time of check-out or later if there was an issue.

Otherwise I usually get an email in 2-20 minutes confirming the cash back from Active Junky.

I think my high was ~$60 from a quarter (I bought a bunch of stuff including a tree stand and some clearance hunting clothes from Cabela’s when they had 12%) and my low had been $14.

A lot nicer than nothing. It probably averages $150 a year the 18 or so months I’ve been using it.

Don’t forget for Cabela’s or others to use Raise.com. Discounted gift cards. Can get electronic gift cards for Cabela’s typically 11-15% off. Not as good as some of the eBay deals, but better than full price. Order one and the gift card code and pin are in your email and in your Raise account within about 2-3 minutes.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Another satisfied user here of both Ebates and Activejunky. Ebates is fine for most general shopping sites but activejunky is almost always better for sporting goods sites. As the previous poster said, gift cards are the way to go. eBay is often the best source WHEN they offer them at the 20% discount. SAmsung Pay users can often times also get them at 20% off and occasionally I've gotten them on bjs.com (as in the warehouse club) for a little better than 20% off. That's not too often though. And, don't forget, you can convert your Cabela's GCs to BassPro, if that's your flavor, with simple phone call. It can take up to a day for the conversion to show up in your inbox. I mention this because Cabela's cards are usually more heavily discounted than BassPro's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom