• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 27, 2007
    hey folks. Just another newbie from Pasadena, born and raised.

I followed the link from ar15.com about SB43. never knew about this forum, great place! I am also a member of the high road, and was even there when it was called the firing line :eek:

I was there for the senate hearing today too. got there about 12:30 and stayed until 5:30ish. Always a painful experience.

Im sure im probably the youngest too at 19.

Also, any Anne Arundel Fish and Game members, please check out my post in the "Fun Shoot in Anne Arundel county on 5/21" AAFG thread, im looking for a sponsor :o

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Glad to have you aboard. AA County is one of the best represented counties on this forum.

Thanks for coming today and opposing this piece fo trash bill.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    hey folks. Just another newbie from Pasadena, born and raised.

I followed the link from ar15.com about SB43. never knew about this forum, great place! I am also a member of the high road, and was even there when it was called the firing line :eek:

I was there for the senate hearing today too. got there about 12:30 and stayed until 5:30ish. Always a painful experience.

Im sure im probably the youngest too at 19.

Also, any Anne Arundel Fish and Game members, please check out my post in the "Fun Shoot in Anne Arundel county on 5/21" AAFG thread, im looking for a sponsor :o
    Welcome to the board.

The Firing Line is still there by the way. It is run and owned by the owners of SWAT magazine and is a sister board to THR (many of the same admins and operators and have a close association).
    I was banned from TFL almost 2 years ago. :sad20:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Oh there has to be a good story in there somewhere.

I for one, don't read TFL much. THR and MDShooters are much better. :)

I love MDShooters, but TFL had it's charm. I liked TFL much more than I like THR, but I like THR a lot too. TFL had some major experts there about guns, the gun history and developement that were more than willing to answer your questions. There were some with good legal knowledge there too.

The stoy about why I got banned was I got into it with an idiot that made all gun owners look bad and after he theatened me I called him a "keyboard commando" and that was enough to piss off the moderator Marko Kloos.
    I think of it as a learning experience since it was the first time I was a guest on someone's message board.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    welcome Deacon and Capital!

just because you dont own em doesnt mean you cant love, shoot, and support them! i just started my collection (i'm still poor and in college) and am hoping to expand soon (only three weapons so far)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Not a current gun owner, but firm supporter of the Constitution of the United States.

Same as I was........Now I'm even a bigger believer in the Constitution and a bigger believer in gun owners' rights.

I need to take the Constitution classes up there at Michael Peroutka's offices...right there in Pasadena. I watched a movie about the legality of income tax there. Great place.

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    I have shot a good bit. I do own some long guns, but I keep them at my folks place in Tennessee. 10 Years in the Navy, carried a good bit on watch, but did fire any more than it took to qualify to carry.

Thinking of picking up a Ruger P-series 9mm for home defense/fun. Was going to get it the other day, but I didn't know I had to watch a 45 minute video before buying my first handgun in Maryland.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I have shot a good bit. I do own some long guns, but I keep them at my folks place in Tennessee. 10 Years in the Navy, carried a good bit on watch, but did fire any more than it took to qualify to carry.

Thinking of picking up a Ruger P-series 9mm for home defense/fun. Was going to get it the other day, but I didn't know I had to watch a 45 minute video before buying my first handgun in Maryland.
    YOu didn't. Your service in the Navy should have excluded you from the requirement to watch the video.
    I think all you have to do is show your DD214 or somthing like that.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    YOu didn't. Your service in the Navy should have excluded you from the requirement to watch the video.

That is correct. Give the dealer a copy of your DD214 and you are good to go. It will also make you exempt from the training requirement to get a CCW permit in most states (FL and VA included). That is unless you are on the lam and don't have a DD214 :D.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County

Correct...assuming it was an honorable discharge. I'm surprised nobody in the gun store mentioned this......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom