• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Good evening,

Sam emailed me recently to inform me that SGAMMO is finally stocking 5.45 ammo with nonmagnetic projectiles. I've been bugging him about this for awhile, and it appears that many other fans of this cartridge have been doing this as well.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf...r-jacket-60-grain-non-magnetic-fmj-mil-spec-a

Not the cheapest ammo ever, but it's reasonably priced and non-corrosive, so I bought a case just to be supportive. Hope it shoots well.

Edit: I am sharing this because Sam let me know that initial sales have been disappointing and that this is looking like it may be a one time deal if sales do not improve. Incidentally, I have no relationship with SGAMMO beyond the fact that Sam replies personally to emails to his website and appears to be an awesome human being and 2A supporter. I'm not getting kickbacks or anything, in case anyone was wondering.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I may be buying some after the recent NRA range rules changes forcing non-magnetic bullets. That said, it's not a surprise it's not selling well, it's 26-30cpr plus shipping, which is a high ask for steel-cased ammo.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I may be buying some after the recent NRA range rules changes forcing non-magnetic bullets. That said, it's not a surprise it's not selling well, it's 26-30cpr plus shipping, which is a high ask for steel-cased ammo.
    5.45 isn't the value it once was. Really unfortunate for those of us in Maryland who love AKs. To me it is worth it to be able to shoot indoors and at ranges that ban magnetic bullets, but it is definitely a hard pill to swallow. Hopefully sales pick up enough that it keeps trickling in, but I doubt it'll ever be nearly as popular as 5.56 or 7.62x39.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If you have an Arsenal 106, it loves the steel cased 5.56 ammo. I bought a case when I bought my 106.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom