Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Anne Arundel and Harford Co lead the state with 19 each

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This is just a tool for people to cry wolf and strip you of your rights

Not really (As least according to the numbers) and hopefully it will stary that way.

There were 114 ERPOs requested in October and less than 60 were granted. Those that weren't, we can surmise, were people crying wolf and had nothing to substantiate a reason for an ERPO to a judge, court commissioner, or LE.

That very well could change after the next legislative session, given how they want to strengthen the law, and the Governor seems to be on board to do so.

More than ever, people need to show up in Annapolis, but I fear that people really just don't care about their rights in Maryland.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Not really (As least according to the numbers) and hopefully it will stary that way.

There were 114 ERPOs requested in October and less than 60 were granted. Those that weren't, we can surmise, were people crying wolf and had nothing to substantiate a reason for an ERPO to a judge, court commissioner, or LE.

That very well could change after the next legislative session, given how they want to strengthen the law, and the Governor seems to be on board to do so.

More than ever, people need to show up in Annapolis, but I fear that people really just don't care about their rights in Maryland.
    Yay, we still have some rights. Gonna be a good day :)
    a little morning sarcasm.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Now that we are starting to see numbers on this, I would really like to know how it went down for the other 60-odd people where the orders weren't granted. Did they get their guns back? If so, when? What condition were they in? How difficult was the process?

Also, out of curiosity, where did you get the less than 60 granted number?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

How did you find out that less than 60 were granted? Not doubting you, just curious as to how to come by these results.

And were the initiators of the other 60 or so prosecuted for perjury? That's what is supposed to happen, right?

As for the bolded, be careful, you're close to violating the strict anti shaming policy.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    60 granted is still more than 50% of the requests and equals 2 Marylanders per day losing their rights and legally owned possessions without due process. As a member of We the People I have a problem with that.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    How did you find out that less than 60 were granted? Not doubting you, just curious as to how to come by these results.

And were the initiators of the other 60 or so prosecuted for perjury? That's what is supposed to happen, right?

As for the bolded, be careful, you're close to violating the strict anti shaming policy.

Don’t want to speak for dblas but he may have been referring to Marylanders in general and not exclusively MDS members.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think it is being abused already with the death of one man so far in Maryland , it is clear it has not saved one life yet but has taken a life . But really his life is and was not important because he owned a gun and ammo and he was evil .<sarc>

One is too many we already have too much he said she said stuff and multiple ways to "F" over people this seems even a bit easier to do once they expand it .

Most likely i will walk the bricks in Jan. 2019 as a lone wolf with my son to at least show my disdain for this law . Plus it is a great way to exercise my legs and my rights . I realize i may waste my time and efforts but being with my son walking the bricks is a great way for me as a Dad to bond with him life is too short from my eyes .
    These politicians are given far too much power IMHO we need to remind them they work for us .

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I had mentioned in another post that you have to be careful of the anti-gunner tactics anymore. There are some wing nuts out there, maybe a former "relation" that could target you with false claims/threats which you may have to defend yourself. Any vehicle decals denoting a fan of firearms could set you up to be targeted. Keep a low profile

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Nope. They're specifically granted immunity from persecution as long as the original request was made "in good faith." Good luck proving that it wasn't.

Can we please let that lay? Honestly, the whole "you come to PP events or you are worthless" thing really turns me off, even though I think what you guys are doing is important.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Can we please let that lay? Honestly, the whole "you come to PP events or you are worthless" thing really turns me off, even though I think what you guys are doing is important.

Nobody ever said that. We as a group need to make ourselves known. You don't get freedom without effort. Many send letters, some testify, and some participate in a more visible fashion. Complaining about it on this board does nothing for the cause.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    114 requests, 60 granted, do we know if any of the 60 granted turned out to be anything substantial? That's a rather telling statistic that seems to be missing.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Does anyone know if you can go to the courthouse and look at the file? Are other actions kept "closed" from public view?

I'm curious if the secrecy can be challenged in court. It looks like a secret confiscation scheme without oversight.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Nobody ever said that. We as a group need to make ourselves known. You don't get freedom without effort. Many send letters, some testify, and some participate in a more visible fashion. Complaining about it on this board does nothing for the cause.

People have said nearly exactly that.

And I quote:

We have people I have never met, boviating their superior knowledge of everything firearms related, and proclaim how bad the firearms laws are in Maryland. But can't show up for a simple rally. Frankly, they are are detrimental to the cause. Maybe they should stay in the rice cooker thread.

Sound familiar at all? You said that people who won't come to rallies are detrimental to the cause. I would argue that posts like that are detrimental to the cause, because crapping on other people on our side who don't do the kind of activism that you want them to do just creates division between us.

I think that the PP is a hugely valuable group for our cause in Maryland, and what you guys do is important, but you've got to stop crapping on people who don't come to your events. We are all in this together, and the PP way is NOT the only way to make things better here. It's an important one, but it's not the only one, and people who don't come to the rallies don't deserve to be crapped on.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    People have said nearly exactly that.

And I quote:

Sound familiar at all? You said that people who won't come to rallies are detrimental to the cause. I would argue that posts like that are detrimental to the cause, because crapping on other people on our side who don't do the kind of activism that you want them to do just creates division between us.

I think that the PP is a hugely valuable group for our cause in Maryland, and what you guys do is important, but you've got to stop crapping on people who don't come to your events. We are all in this together, and the PP way is NOT the only way to make things better here. It's an important one, but it's not the only one, and people who don't come to the rallies don't deserve to be crapped on.

Amen , and needs to be said :thumbsup: And i agree the PP has a valued place here and in Annapolis as well as the other members here that do the money thing or the letter thing .

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Too bad you see it that way. That note is out of context. Defensive in nature. I'm surprised it bothered you so much that you had to go find it. I don't know you or what you do for the second amendment. I know that whatever I do, it is not enough compared to those that have lost their lives defending it.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I had mentioned in another post that you have to be careful of the anti-gunner tactics anymore. There are some wing nuts out there, maybe a former "relation" that could target you with false claims/threats which you may have to defend yourself. Any vehicle decals denoting a fan of firearms could set you up to be targeted. Keep a low profile

It is legalized swatting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom