• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    No knowing the end users intent, if its for "hard use" there might be an issue. If its for competition or just plain target practice/ bench rest, it might be okay.

Has Wisconsin addressed "hard use" in their other designs?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No knowing the end users intent, if its for "hard use" there might be an issue. If its for competition or just plain target practice/ bench rest, it might be okay.

Has Wisconsin addressed "hard use" in their other designs?

I dont know if they have addressed hard use. It's not my job to do P.R. or Q.C. for a company. I have used their products in the past, and there are better choices now that give the end user excellent performance (lock time), all while maintaining hard use reliability.

FWIW, hard use in my world is high round counts without cleaning and/or or shooting suppressed.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    My last order only took 2 weeks to get me two of them. I think you will like it.

You will likely have to remove the safety to get it in the lower, but they are great triggers.

I just got mine in yesterday. I wish I had ordered more of them now. That's always how it is :sad20:

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    You seem to want to stir the pot here and in the HBAR thread.

Don't understand how I'm "stirring the pot".

I'm agreeing w/ you. I'm not a fanboy of any trigger. I merely offered the suggestion as an option. If OP was about to go that route and nothing had been said, he might have ended up w/ something not to his liking. Perhaps my bringing it up and the two of us engaging in a discussion prevented that? Perhaps it prevents someone else out there from ending up w/ something they weren't going to like.

It was a suggestion. Nothing more. The end-user is the one that has to decide of they like the trigger or not. I offered no criticism either way. If somehow that is "stirring the pot" than excuse me. You have my apology.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My two MBTs showed up yesterday. A few days late for the late deer gun season. But no matter, I didn't have a chance on a deer anyway.

It dropped in to my Spike's lower easy. I did have to remove the safety to do it. Really nice feel. Really, really nice.

I then moved on to my GWACs (well, Sabre defense made on contract. It is the same as GWACS) poly lower. Oh man that took some time. Safety also had to come out. Well the lower was slightly tight for a regular mil spec trigger and needed light filing in the FCG pocket walls and the hole for the trigger for it to work. For the LaRue MBT it took a LOT of work. About 6 or 7 visits with my Dremel and a sanding drum and the polishing wheel and lastly wool wheel. I got it to drop in after 2 attempts, but it wouldn't reset without pulling the trigger forward. Two more attempts and it would reset, but it was sluggish with the lighter spring (didn't try the heavier). Another attempt and it dropped in with no resistance on the walls and reset perfectly, but the pull wasn't perfectly smooth and felt a hair higher effort than the one in my Spikes. One LAST trip to the Dremel on a spot that looked like it might be brushing the trigger shoe and it is perfectly.

Dropped in with no resistance and no hang-ups on the pull or release/reset and it appears exactly the same as the one in my Spike's lower now.

I did put my GWAC/Sabre based 6.5 Grendel back together and charged it. Soooo nice. I think touched the trigger and actually yelled "SHIT the trigger is locked up!". Pit of despair. I then pulled the charging handle again and it reset.

Oh...there is just no slop in the trigger. I am used to mil spec triggers where when the hammer is down, the trigger has a bit of play in it. Not so with the MBT. Its like a rock when the hammer is down.

Oppsie. Click. Charge, click. That reset is REALLY loud though. Not probably really an issue as a gun shot is a hell of a lot louder, but it has way more snap than any other gun I own on the reset.

Much smoother looking through my scope and practicing trigger pulls compared to what had been in my 6.5 Grendel (not as noticeable on the Spike's as it has my 16" .223 upper with red dot and too lazy to double check the same with my 20" scoped upper on that lower).

I am really looking forward to getting both rifles to the range.

PS to be clear it took so many visits with my Dremel largely because I didn't just want to go to town and remove a ton of material. The most material was removed from the hole for the trigger shoe and I probably opened it up around .02" on each side and maybe .03-.04" front and rear for it to work perfectly. On the walls I probably didn't remove more than .01" from each side.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I prefer my MBT to the SSA. I ended up replacing my Match AR's SSA with a LaRue. The fact that it is less expensive is just a bonus. I'd have gone with the MBT even if it were the same or slightly more than the SSA.

I am wishing I had shelled out extra to get at least a 3rd MBT. I’ve got a couple of okay polished “enhanced” triggers with lighter springs that are decent and one that is meh along with 2 crappy total mil spec triggers (I think both regular PSA triggers).

The meh one came out of my grendel and the okay one came out of my Spikes. I’ve got another okay one in an Anderson pistol lower build (that I sold the upper to).

I am sure in the fullness of time I’ll end up with at least another AR or two built. I think I’ve got either 2 or 3 empty lowers and a couple of empty AR-10 lowers.

An AR-10 build is my next project. It’s a couple of years out even though I’ve got all the parts sitting in a bin. Wife isn’t happy with my gun collection right now. So it’ll collect dust for awhile. Anyway a really nice trigger for my AR-10 would be swell. Maybe they’ll have another really good sale on MBTs in 2019 and I’ll get another one or two to stick in my parts bin to collect dust.

Not every AR I build needs to have a really nice trigger in it. Heck my Spike’s is shared between my 16” red dot upper and my 20” scoped. I had been planning (before my wife flipped that I own so many guns) to build my other Sabre lower out to play host to my 16” and keep the 20” on the Spike’s. My 16” can have a meh trigger. It’s not a precision instrument as is (2.5MOA rifle). AR-10 was planned as a hunting/target rifle, so a really nice trigger in it would be nice.

A lot of said projects may need to wait till the kids are grown up and moved out as she has claimed once that happens she doesn’t give a crap about what or how much I own so long as it doesn’t bankrupt us. That’s 12 years away...

PS so it also means I may have some projects sitting with all of the parts sitting in a bin for a few years. Like I’ve got an SKS she knows of that I need 5 or 6 small parts for to finish that I promised not to build any year soon. But I may acquire those parts so I have everything for when that year comes.

PPS the life of being married to a hoplophobe

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I use a 2 stage in my match AR, was thinking about getting one of these for my run and gun AR.

never used a 2 stage for that kind of shooting. Does it throw you off at all or do you even notice it's 2 stage?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I use a 2 stage in my match AR, was thinking about getting one of these for my run and gun AR.

never used a 2 stage for that kind of shooting. Does it throw you off at all or do you even notice it's 2 stage?

Much comes down to personal prefference. Can ride the reset and pull past the 2nd stage "wall" to shoot fast, never really feel the 2nd stage feels like a light and smooth trigger with a little bit of creep. With longer stages, pull to the end of takeup, then break the shot with the short/crisp 2nd stage as designed..

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Word on the street is they're $87 until 4th of July. YMMV

I thought I had seen that somewhere too. But, couldn't remember for sure.

I'm going to pick a couple more up, for the hell of it. I love the Geissele triggers but even on sale, they are pricey.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I thought I had seen that somewhere too. But, couldn't remember for sure.

I'm going to pick a couple more up, for the hell of it. I love the Geissele triggers but even on sale, they are pricey.

Just ordered one from LaRues web site. $95 shipped :thumbsup:

KYtoMD

Mar 23, 2017
    MD
    I have an mbt2s in my mk12 and it's an amazing trigger. I would put it on par with the SSA for a ridiculously great price.

I would say the break on the MBT is actually better than an SSA. The reset is slightly better on the SSA, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom