• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I ride a motorcycle love to ride out in the sticks of various places (on the road, not literally in the sticks) and have just joined the free people w/ a CCW in maryland.

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...singDivision/Firearms/WearandCarryPermit.aspx

Wear and Carry permit says not in state parks and state owned public buildings or grounds.

Couple questions:

1. does this include public roads (say dogwood road in marriotsville area) where it's not a road only for the park? I could see if it was a road inside a confined area; designated as the park.. but this is a public road.

2. sometimes these motorcycle trips are to various dams across the state... are these dams, public grounds owned by the state.. thus no carry there?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Parks are not allowed as far as i can tell , state or county roads should be fine from what i can tell . But i have thought about schools zones , a fair amount of speed traps are set up in school zones and if you get pulled over never pull into a school parking lot (Never) Stay on main road and pull over .
    Also in Maryland there is no duty to inform that you have a CC Permit/Gun , sometimes it is best to keep that to yourself . IMHO

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Parks are not allowed as far as i can tell , state or county roads should be fine from what i can tell . But i have thought about schools zones , a fair amount of speed traps are set up in school zones and if you get pulled over never pull into a school parking lot (Never) Stay on main road and pull over .
    Also in Maryland there is no duty to inform that you have a CC Permit/Gun , sometimes it is best to keep that to yourself . IMHO

rgr that. block traffic before pulling into school parking lot.

as for duty to inform, i've heed and hawed over this for a bit... PA requires it, not sure (yet) about wv, va.. and other states i travel in. sometimes while on a motorcycle you cross borders w/o realizing. when in doubt, keep hands easily visible.. and inform... imho. but if in Peoples Republic of Maryland... probably right.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    rgr that. block traffic before pulling into school parking lot.

as for duty to inform, i've heed and hawed over this for a bit... PA requires it, not sure (yet) about wv, va.. and other states i travel in. sometimes while on a motorcycle you cross borders w/o realizing. when in doubt, keep hands easily visible.. and inform... imho. but if in Peoples Republic of Maryland... probably right.

I have been pulled over before by MSP and did inform , the stop went great and the officer ask what i was carrying , never got a ticket .

I did inform because i wanted to test the system , it was on a Sunday . He could have busted my balls about restrictions but did not look at the back .
    I was headed to Columbia Mall to get some clothes for work ...:rolleyes:;):D true story

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    As Welder pointed out as long as your on a public road you are go to go.I am unsure about liberty (Dam), Prettyboy and Lochraven which are owned by Baltimore City? I have unsuccessfully looked for text on this subject.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I drive on public roads in cities, towns, possible parks and school zones. I always figured that as long as I'm coming from or going to a business event I'm good. Peaceful passage. If I stop and go into a school, city, state, county building, or courthouse armed now that's a No No. Funny most of the people I do business with don't know I'm armed as I don't tell nor do I print. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom