• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback on rack grade. Sounds like they all have potential.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    From the CMP forums, it seems that most people being contacted in the last few days are being offered Range, Rack, and Field. Service doesn’t seem to be an option, though, from what I understand that can change, depending on what creates are opened up.

I’ll probably be going for Field for now, unless something changes...

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Well, that makes it easy. I hope my number comes up soon. From what I can tell reading through their forum, the RGN doesn't seem too random. It looks like it's just a sequential number that was assigned based on when the packet was received, and people get called in that order.

Last edited:

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Got the call today, and was offered a service or rack grade. I had been all ready to go for a field grade. I did a mental coin toss and went for service.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Got the call today, and was offered a service or rack grade. I had been all ready to go for a field grade. I did a mental coin toss and went for service.
    Weird, they must be rotating through inventory.

I got called last week, was offered only range or rack. I went with rack.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    I was browsing on the CMP 1911 forum a week or so back trying to get a feel for where they were in the numbers, and from posts then, it looks like service wasn't being offered. As I talked to the rep today about the two options, it sounded like they get batches of the different grades coming up at different times. That would fit with the different offerings you and I got.

I don't think there really is a wrong choice here. They're all going to be neat pieces to have in the collection.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Weird, they must be rotating through inventory.

I got called last week, was offered only range or rack. I went with rack.
    They open up crates as they go, so they can only offer whatever grades they have pulled out and sorted at the moment.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Quick question as my wife’s number is close and not much activity on the CMP 1911 forum as to numbers lately.

What was your RGN?

Also as stated above as the armors work through a crate of pistols they offer what is in that crate. The range grades they have been offering lately have come back with some interesting FOIA’s.

Thank you

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Quick question as my wife’s number is close and not much activity on the CMP 1911 forum as to numbers lately.

What was your RGN?

Also as stated above as the armors work through a crate of pistols they offer what is in that crate. The range grades they have been offering lately have come back with some interesting FOIA’s.

Thank you

My RGN is 35917.

Hope I didn't screw up going for service. I was really on the fence.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Wife just got the call, her number was 35886. She selected rack grade and I was also on the fence. I have a service and wanted to see what a rack is all about. Hope we made the correct choice.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    I was low 35k’s for mine, but due to an error in my application I had to wait a few weeks. My field grade is still sitting in jail, waiting for clearance to be picked up.

I can’t wait; looks like matching slide and frame.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    I figure with service, there's a much lower chance of the frame and slide matching, but I still think it will be pretty hard to not be happy with it. It's a 1911 after all.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I figure with service, there's a much lower chance of the frame and slide matching, but I still think it will be pretty hard to not be happy with it. It's a 1911 after all.
    After watching the CMP threads it seems there’s a fairly equal chance of getting the same maker slide/frame between grades. I got a service in round 2 and it’s Rem Rand slide/frame with a replacement barrel. You’re right though should be a nice gun no matter what!

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Question for those picking up your 1911 here in MD.... if you have an 03:FFL, does the 01:FFL still make you do whole 4473, 77R, etc??

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    My understanding is that a 77R is still required. But only being a plebeian untrusted by the government, I can’t say for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom