• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It's often an expensive pleasure to step into their den of temptations.

Much like the old tv show, Cheers, it's nice to go where everybody knows your name, and 2A is no exception. Probably doesn't hurt that I've been a customer since Mark started, but still, it's very much appreciated when folks take the trouble to greet you by name, and remember what toys you've bought there. That's a personal touch lacking in many other LGSs, and something that sets 2A apart and makes loyal customers.

That being said, they often have a seductive assortment of goodies that seem to beg to be taken home, much like puppies in a pound. My visit a couple of weeks ago was no exception. Mostly there to say 'hi' and ask about AR-10s, I mentioned seeing what I thought was a SBR in another shop, and Tom reached behind him to grab a strategically placed Springfield Saint Pistol, which he placed on the counter, probably to test my will power and see if I could resist. Nope. Not even a challenge. Picked it up, and it whispered in my ear something to the effect of, "Take me home, Daddy". Love at first sight, I guess (the pistol, not anybody at 2A, just to be clear.) :D

Took it to a wonderful indoor range in Frederick, The Machine Gun Nest, to break it in, and I invited new member Gorba to join me. It's a long drive from Annapolis, but the range is so nice, and the people so welcoming, that it's worth it, especially compared to the closer indoor ranges and their spotty customer service records. Anyway...

I knew I was buying a powerful pistol, but I didn't know it was also a flame thrower! The muzzle blast and flame projected from the innovative muzzle device were truly impressive, and sadly, for the young lady standing behind and to my left at the far corner of the range, also very shocking. I wouldn't be surprised if she dribbled a bit from the concussion and the experience. But I digress.

Ran 60 rounds through it, flawlessly, and much to my surprise the trigger is actually better than just about any OEM trigger I've encountered lately, so I don't think it'll get replaced. Didn't try for accuracy, just wanted to break it in before I take it up to Chad for his reliability package.

After waiting as patiently as possible, Gorba got his chance to run a few rounds, and the look on his face was priceless... sorry I didn't try to snap a picture. To say he liked it would be an understatement. In fact, the experience prompted him to pursue his HQL. I think he's going to add one of these new toys to his growing collection as soon as the HQL shows up. :thumbsup:

Anyway, here she is:

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
      IMG_0187.jpg
      60 KB · Views: 619

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    Thanks Ed!!! We're happy you like the new pistol!

Got any Pics of the young lady dribbling??? You know, for research.... Jay's asking.:innocent0

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I've been ogling at one of these for some time now, maybe one day my will power will also succumb to the temptation and I'll finally get one!

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. She looks great.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom