Cyber security bill SA 2575 includes magazine ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    What's amazing and encouraging to me is to see Schumer being so humble. Seems like he's off his high and mighty throne as if he senses that his policies and previous rantings havn't gotten very far. He's trying to soften his approach which is a sign of failure of previous approach(es). Let the 'reasonableness' begin........:lol2:

I think you're spot on Doc!

The translation of a liberal saying "let's find some common ground" is "I don't have a bit of political strength to do something on this right now, so I'll lower myself to asking you to let me screw you over."

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If they ban magazines, the prices will more than triple overnight.
    Then you can sell your extras and make a lot of money!
    Pay $10-$15 for a magazine and then sell it for $75-$100.
    This bans transfer... no more buying and selling prebans after the ban takes effect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I love how they ask for "compromise". Compromise isn't "here's everything we want, but we'll only take half of it now". Isn't there some allegory using a cake that's applicable here? Like we used to have all of our cake, then they were like "you only need this much cake, here's NFA." Then later there's like "nah...you still have too much cake. Here's the GCA." Now they're fighting over scraps of our original cake :(

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    I love how they ask for "compromise". Compromise isn't "here's everything we want, but we'll only take half of it now". Isn't there some allegory using a cake that's applicable here? Like we used to have all of our cake, then they were like "you only need this much cake, here's NFA." Then later there's like "nah...you still have too much cake. Here's the GCA." Now they're fighting over scraps of our original cake :(

That basically sounds like what it is...... but the thing that comes to mind too is everyone who complains about how Pro 2 A people will never sit down and have a rational discussion about "common sense" gun laws. You hear the Brady people/ VPC/ looney Democrats and so on complain about the NRA. Yet the same people who scream go head and try to pass arbitrary laws in without talking to anyone and yet no one seems to pick this up as to how two faced these people are.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I'm getting Soo tired of these politicians doing whatever the H--L they want. Could the
    general populace PLEASE get a chance to vote on this stuff.

It seems like all I do is write letters, send e-mails and call Congressman and Senators
    about their stupid ideas.

A quote comes to mind. The late George Carlin once said, and I paraphrase,
    "If voting was really important...they wouldn't let you do it".

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Maybe we should be checking the mental health of these people as they seem very dangerous and lacking in knowledge that there job requires.

All elected officials should undergo a brain scan to see if they have the "typical psychopathic brain pattern". It is pretty distinctive as shown in studies scanning the brains of convicted murderers and serial killers. If the elected officials have it, no more public office allowed for them.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    [FONT=&quot]Gun Owners of America[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Anti-gun Lautenberg trying to[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    put amendment on Cybersecurity Bill[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Washington is, to say the least, not a town known for its high moral standards.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]But there is, perhaps, no one with more expertise in milking shameless advantage out of national tragedy than ultra-liberal senators Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY).[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So it can hardly be a surprise that, this week, these anti-gun Senators intend to offer an amendment to the cybersecurity bill which would prohibit the manufacture of magazines with a capacity of over 10 rounds.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]They appear oblivious to the fact that their “gun ban” mentality created a deadly situation in Aurora, Colorado, where there was a room with a number of trained military marksmen -- and none of them were allowed to have a gun.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Any one of those individuals could have made a big difference. Heck, does anyone doubt there would have been a different outcome if George Zimmerman had been in the theater?[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Incidentally, lest anyone think that banning magazines is the be-all-and-end-all for Lautenberg, he has already announced that he intends to follow up his magazine ban with legislation to monitor and limit your purchases of ammunition.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Explains the clueless Lautenberg: “No sportsman needs 100 rounds to shoot a duck ….”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]So this Einstein believes you don’t need 100 rounds of ammunition? Who decided that our Bill of Rights should be a “Bill of Needs”? [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It’s time to nip this nasty piece of work in the bud and ensure that his efforts to exploit innocent victims for political gain do not go any further.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]ACTION[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Click here to contact your Senators. Demand that they vote against the Lautenberg-Schumer magazine-ban amendment to the cybersecurity bill.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom