• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I got home early today and was looking out the window into the back yard when I saw something moving in the brush. Out come these three bucks. I watched 'em for five minutes or so when all the sudden they bugged out into the woods. Turns out the UPS guy had arrived, bringing with him the 500 rounds of 308 165gr soft point I ordered for the Remington 700 I just bought. They knew it was time to get outta Dodge!

Y'all come back again soon now, y'hear? ;)

dsc00034.jpg

dsc00039.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I got home early today and was looking out the window into the back yard when I saw something moving in the brush. Out come these three bucks. I watched 'em for five minutes or so when all the sudden they bugged out into the woods. Turns out the UPS guy had arrived, bringing with him the 500 rounds of 308 165gr soft point I ordered for the Remington 700 I just bought. They knew it was time to get outta Dodge!

Y'all come back again soon now, y'hear? ;)

dsc00034.jpg

dsc00039.jpg

Nice neighbors you have there! :D

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    if they were actually smart, they would stop playing chicken with trucks and automobiles. but they, especially the bucks, have some innate sense they have a price on their heads.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    You're talking about VA deer, I think, davsco. These are SoMD deer...they're smart and know when the bullets have shown up on the UPS truck! lol

I had a bunch of does and fawns coming through over the weekend, and I've been running into individual bucks and does out in the woods just past the range in the back 40. This was the first time I've seen a pack of bucks on the property, and the racks are indeed impressive.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    But....I have no intention of ordering more ammo after Sept. 1. So there will be no UPS truck supplying deer-getters to give give the game away!

Unless they've got calendar reminders, they don't stand a chance!

Mwa-ha-haaaaa!

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Deer are not very smart, but most hunter aren't either. No one is in the woods and then people walking every where in the woods. :rolleyes: We walk around the woods we hunt a lot to make sure they are used to having us around.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Deer are not very smart, but most hunter aren't either. No one is in the woods and then people walking every where in the woods. :rolleyes: We walk around the woods we hunt a lot to make sure they are used to having us around.

That all depends on how old(mature) you like your deer.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I'll take them any age, but the like the horns more mature. This Bastage came by my stand on a Tuesday, i think, when I needed to be in DC. He is walking down our access trail they we walk and scent heavily. I had the next two weeks off to chase him. No one ever even saw him at 200 yards again on the farm. :rolleyes:

I think he has a thyroid condition, look at that neck. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
      IMG_0321.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver