• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Anyone near Susquehanna state park. I picked up a few on my walk today from the bridge where Deer creek dumps into the Susquehanna north towards the dam. There are still some nice ones there if you search around. Follow your nose to the next grove. I saved the seeds and am going to keep them in moist soil until I'm ready to plant them in a few weeks.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Got 11.5# of meat and seeds cooking now. This is the prime time to the end. Should have walked middle of the week as many were on the ground and some ruined. Should be much sweeter and better this week.

[EDIT] 13 more pints on the shelf. Cut the recipe in paw paw to other ingredients to sweeten and strengthen it up.

Nice

BigBull

Dec 23, 2014
    St. Mary's County
    I picked a bucket this morning. Trees in the bottom that catch the morning sun are the most plentiful. What is a good proven recipe for the butter?

Attachments

• 13E6FF7F-ABDA-4884-A515-409DBCF64266.jpg
      13E6FF7F-ABDA-4884-A515-409DBCF64266.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 165

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Recipe, I measure weight as pulp and seeds after skinning them. I am considering not add in all the water and reducing it some for thickness. But then it might try and burn too. I had to stop simmering to reduce as it was sticking to the bottom

You have to judge them like a peach. If they don;t thumb dent they are not ripe enough to use. I use an immersion blender also to get it smooth as it seems to stay chunky like. Forgot to add, I used an Asian strainer this time to sort the seeds hot. Should have got one with the hook and might need one with wider spacing. Still learning as I go.

Attachments

• Paw Paw butter recipe.png
      Paw Paw butter recipe.png
      7.5 KB · Views: 157
    Last edited:

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Recipe, I measure weight as pulp and seeds after skinning them. I am considering not add in all the water and reducing it some for thickness. But then it might try and burn too. I had to stop simmering to reduce as it was sticking to the bottom

You have to judge them like a peach. If they don;t thumb dent they are not ripe enough to use. I use an immersion blender also to get it smooth as it seems to stay chunky like. Forgot to add, I used an Asian strainer this time to sort the seeds hot. Should have got one with the hook and might need one with wider spacing. Still learning as I go.

We use a double boiler they do not burn then, also we add pectin to thicken things up to make a nice spread. Add some cinnamon and nutmeg too. Makes your young wanting to jump out and slap your face.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I checked some this weekend walking with my buddy looking for bow trees and they looked smaller and not close. Walked the dog today and bush Honeysuckle looks limp with leaves hanging, raspberries are shriving up and hackberry trees look like crap. Paw paw is supposed to have a huge tap root, so i guess we will see.

Fermented for moonshine or added like Apple pie and other sweetening recipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom