• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    So i bought an SLR-95 from a guy, and it has a canted front sight (He also put a crappy mojo sight on it) I drove out the pins, and still cannot get it to move even after heating it up. I'm thinking about just taking it to a gunsmith to have him beat on it for awhile. But is there a trick i should know to fixing this? I had a yugo underfolder and that one moved really easily, this ones being a bitch.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It's Russian. You need a T-34 sight adjusting tool.

t-34_015_of_102.jpg

If it's shooting to the left, place under the right track and drive forward.

If it's shooting to the right, place under the left track and drive forward.

obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    Best guess is a gunsmith. They have ways and tools that we don't. I have to replace mine and the gas block, and I'm not really looking forward to it. (Romanian AK)
    OB

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Best guess is a gunsmith. They have ways and tools that we don't. I have to replace mine and the gas block, and I'm not really looking forward to it. (Romanian AK)
    OB

Counterpoint: It's an AK.

I need to contact clandestine and see if he can do it, gunsmiths in MD can still receive AK's to work on, right?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Counterpoint: It's an AK.

I need to contact clandestine and see if he can do it, gunsmiths in MD can still receive AK's to work on, right?
    My understanding is that Chad is on a break currently. (Or such is the only rational explanation for why my Uzi barrel work is still in progress.)

I agree with the recommendation to give penetrating oil a try. Also, is this thing in a vise when you're smacking the FSB with a mallet?

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Buy a large can of PB Blaster, fill an old coffee can with it and let the sigh soak in it for a while. Then give it a try. I've gotten quite a few stuck parts un-stuck this way.
    If I dosnt work take it to a gunsmith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom