• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    How would the Ruger stack up to a CZ scorpion carbine?

I have the Skopion different gun altogether, different feel, handling etc. An impeccable pieces of craftsmanship.

Why I (and many others) am interested in the PC9 is exactly because it looks and handles like a standard rifle. Good for being a "buddy" carbine on a trip and the price point is very attractive.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What, no love for the Sub2000? It's so ugly it's beautiful! The Gen 2 has some nice improvements. But it sure does get small, and deploys from small to pewpew very quickly. The main thing is to be sure to spend more on stuff to bolt onto it than you do on the gun itself.
    attachment.php

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    What, no love for the Sub2000? It's so ugly it's beautiful! The Gen 2 has some nice improvements. But it sure does get small, and deploys from small to pewpew very quickly. The main thing is to be sure to spend more on stuff to bolt onto it than you do on the gun itself.
    attachment.php

Almost 5th element! You need a grenade launcher, bayonet and wifi router on that thing.

Seriously total love for the Sub2k but again different function and compactness. They are just awkward to shoot, have 2 of them. If I had one range gun (have yet to shoot the current iteration) I would probably go with the Ruger.

But general rule applies, buy all 3.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Several at Harrisburg, $500, some other at $529 and up. But there are plenty.

Got one, $540 OTD.

Last edited:

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Price is relatively low. It is a take down. It can take Glock mags. A threaded barrel is a factory option. Ruger’s customer service history. Accuracy is apparently pretty good. Factory pic rail.

I've had one on order w/ Gymratz since January. These are as scarce as hens teeth.

Last edited:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

attachment.php

Just noticed this pic of your sub2k. Could you tell me what red dot sight mount that is? I’ve got an extra Spark AR looking for a home. It might be a good fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    How would the Ruger stack up to a CZ scorpion carbine?
    I have the original Ruger, a Scorpion and an M1 Carbine.
    The Scorpion looks bad ass.
    The Ruger looks and feels like a 10/22 The original has a "Police" trigger, not a volquartsen.
    The M1 Carbine is lots of fun too. It has no rails to hang a light or a red dot on.

I wish I sold the PC9 before the new model came out, because prices were really climbing toward $900. The M1 is a Classic, and you can't sell it. Did I say the Scorpion looks bad ass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom