• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    This

I have OC’d in VA, NC, AZ, GA, NV and some others.

Not once has anyone said a word to me.

You do get some smiles however

I was OC weekend before last in PA, and no one died. Not even a scratch.

Well, the wife ended up sick, but that's unrelated ;)

While I prefer CC, I tend not to GAF when I OC about reactions in legal circumstances. My wife did notice one reaction that I didn't see, though. We were out at dinner with the sons' families, and a woman apparently called attention to my P239SAS to her male, who just shrugged and let her have her moment (and smelling salts, I'm sure).

Oh... This was at the Allentown/Whitehall Mission BBQ!!!!

:lol2:

Mr H

Banana'd
    That's great then! From what people are generally posting on the internet, it seems its not widely accepted and surprises quite a few individuals when they see it.

A friend of mine (NY/NJ boy) was retiring to the Phoenix area, and was becoming genuinely interested in firearms and laws.

I told him that, in AZ, for every sidearm you see, there are probably 4 or 5 you don't.

He bristled briefly, then realized my tone was intended to be reassuring, and he completely relaxed.

Safety is a good thing.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Have to take everything on the internet with a large grain (lump?) of salt. But there's a overwhelming amount of articles/posts/etc about it.

lethal-lace-concealed-carry-holster-1.gif

:lol:

That only works with a full Burka.

;)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I OC'd a Glock 19 on my right hip and baby brother in a shoulder rig at the NRA last Saturday and afterwards at Primetime Sports Grille. Some of the antis from the March were at the Primetime when I got there.

Not a peep from anyone.

attachment.php

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I OC'd a Glock 19 on my right hip and baby brother in a shoulder rig at the NRA last Saturday and afterwards at Primetime Sports Grille. Some of the antis from the March were at the Primetime when I got there.

Not a peep from anyone.

They were probably left speechless from your awesomeness! :party29:

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Open carry has never bothered me. Hell, the LEO's do it all of the time. You should go up to the York show when the line is hundreds of yards long and a guy walks up the line and reminds everyone that is concealed carry to make sure that their weapon is un loaded. At that point about 3/4 of the folks in line pull out their weapons, drop the mag and rack the slide to remove the round from the pipe. I as a Marylander just stand there in envy.

Cyndi59

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially about firearms.

How many who pontificate have actually done it or had any experiences while doing it.

I have.
    Being hot..I just open carry here in Virginia.Just don't want to wear a undershirt or sweatshirt and over heat..I was doing wash in Seven Corners,lady next to me asked that she thought it was against the law to carry..explained she too could carry openly,but needed to go to her nearest courthouse if she wanted to conceal it.I was in Subway..a little kid said.he got a gun dad..dad said,eat and stop looking at that man..lol..

Cyndi59

Honestly, I believe the people who complain about OC the most, are the same people who'd prefer to see firearms out of 'their world' entirely. They may not be rabid anti's, but they seem to be cut from the same cloth. "Sometimes who makes the most noise, wins."

There's pros and cons to both Open and Concealed. Personally, I love having the option go Open - the comfort factor alone. A good OWB holster and belt, you can truly forget you're even carrying in a stunningly short amount of time. May be hard for some to grasp, but there is truth to it.
    I open carry when it's hot..loves the option to either go OC or CC,CC in the winter.Yes,pros and cons yes,when I am in a eatery..being a southpaw..I sit with my sidearm near the wall with a space if something kicked off and able to draw freely..I know where your coming from,only met one who complained of me open carrying..I asked if she wanted me to leave,"No,my boss wants a sale.."Duh..

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I feel better about carrying concealed in a state where open carry is legal because it means I don't have to worry about the firearm printing when I twist or bend or reach.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Same thing happened to me the other week. Was coming back to the store after a delivery (Pep Boys Newark, De) Gentleman was standing at the service counter with a properly holstered firearm at his hip. No screaming. No running for the door. Just another day in paradise. .....well almost paradise.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I feel better about carrying concealed in a state where open carry is legal because it means I don't have to worry about the firearm printing when I twist or bend or reach.

:thumbsup:

Was just in VA yesterday for a function, which meant it was 'polite' to go concealed - being still somewhat hot and muggy, was wearing a lighter shirt. I'm sure at some time during my 14 hours there that I either printed or possibly showed a flash of holster.

In states that allow OC and CC, it just seems to fall by the wayside if your going about your day as if you weren't even carrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom