• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Perhaps we need to post, in red bold print, the sections of the Constitution that they are bound and determined to undermine and destroy. That way they might be reminded of what they swore an oath to uphold - or be educated on for the first time.

*AHEM*: Dear MGA Azzhats: "shall not be infringed". Stop putting roadblocks in the way of law abiding citizens. Nothing you are doing is a burden on the criminal element who choose to use firearms as weapons while committing other crimes. It would be great if you would listen and try to understand the words, both little and big, your colleagues on the right side of this discussion use in the chambers.

Sincerely,
    Law abiding citizens who are pushed further and further into the corner each time you jackasses meet up.

Note: this is not a call to illegal action e.g. removal by force of those who are hell-bent on their actions. However, if they so choose to wander around downtown Baltimore alone and unarmed in the wee hours of the morning, most of us wouldn't be offended.

Maybe ask nicely?
    Dear Legiscritters -
    There are already in excess of 25,000 gun-related laws in effect, almost none of which have had ANY effect on crime. All they have done is manufacture more accidental criminals out of lawful citizens.

Please don't embarrass yourselves by adding more to the pile. We may get tired of your silly games again and declare our homes 2A and TAX SANCTUARIES.

- Sincerely,

THE PEOPLE WHO PAY YOUR SALARY

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Please stop posting work around for every bill filed, especially while/before they are in session. it only helps them close off any holes in there laws. MGA reads MDS, including the watercooler. They use it to find what they miss in their laws.

Are you good to go if they ban 556, but not 300bo?
    I'm not.
    I want them to know. I want them to give their true intentions so people finally act as one.

Tbh if they ban 1 freaking thing, I hope they ban all. Let them know of the "loopholes".

The only way the people will be as one unit is if it affects them all. if it say, only affected 556 owners, then many would say, no worries, I'm in 300 BO. NBD. doesnt affect me, so I'm not in this fight.

You/we know their agenda. Why would you not want to put this discussion to bed by having them offer their ban and finally learn that it is not happening.

I'm tired of this frog boiling Sh!t. So many fall for it.

I have written this same example before but it is more applicable now than it was in the past.

Imagine someone at work and a buddy or two going on strike. They would be fired and replaced. But if all of the workers went home the business would have to negotiate (there is no compromise for 2a, it would be their acceptance) or lose productivity and potentially be at risk of going under. Imagine if the management went on strike too (that's equal to our oathkeepers who are active le etc right now)

if everyone is together there is power. If not they just continue on. It's really our call/fault if this stuff is ALLOWED to pass and remain on the books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLbWnJGlyMU

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Sorry for the double post, but this subject always burns me.

Let's say I was the only person in America with a .50 bmg.
    Let's say that .gov decided to ban .50 bmg.
    I'd bet that it would fly as I would essentially be seperated from the rest of the herd.

Now, let's pretend the only gun to exist in America was a .50 bmg.
    Let's say that .gov decided to ban .50bmg
    I'd have an entire nation of gun owners equally affected.

For some reason, people tend not to get as involved if it does not affect them.
    I'd rather have them ban all gun just so the message of their intent is clear simply and for no other reason than to unite all gun owners on 1 page with 1 voice.

I don't think that there needs to be any violence to get the point across. I'm not advocating or wanting any violence. They just need to know that you/we are not playing their unconstitutional game.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Are there any pro constitutional groups writing 2A bills in Maryland?

It would be nice to be proactive instead of reactive.

There are pro 2A legislators that write and submit good bills EVERY year. They end up in the desk drawer and never even get out of committee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    There are pro 2A legislators that write and submit good bills EVERY year. They end up in the desk drawer and never even get out of committee.

Might sound like a joke, but it's a very serious question.

What could a pro 2a legislator write and submit that is pro 2a? I can only think of laws that limit freedoms. Wouldn't they have to repeal a law to be pro 2a?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Are there any pro constitutional groups writing 2A bills in Maryland?

It would be nice to be proactive instead of reactive.

MSPRA, MSI and when they were active, AGC, all have/had folks that work with elected officials to get bills started.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

A pity that most of those "pro 2A" legislators are only in it so they can go back to their districts and say "see, I submitted a bill, it didn't get passed".

If they were truly pro 2A they wouldn't submit a duplicate bill trying to do the same thing as a previously submitted bill for the session, just so they could be a sponsor. Instead they would be content to be a co-sponsor on pretty much every 2A related bill in the legislature.

If they were truly Pro 2A, they would take their bills and walk them through the halls to get every name they could instead of submitting it with just their name.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

What could a pro 2a legislator write and submit that is pro 2a? I can only think of laws that limit freedoms. Wouldn't they have to repeal a law to be pro 2a?

There are bills meant to repeal laws or remove bad portions of laws, submitted every year. Only twice have such bills passed in the last 6 years, one to remove the shell casing requirement for handguns, and one to no longer require fingerprints for W&C permit renewals.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    There are bills meant to repeal laws or remove bad portions of laws, submitted every year. Only twice have such bills passed in the last 6 years, one to remove the shell casing requirement for handguns, and one to no longer require fingerprints for W&C permit renewals.

Thanks for the answer. It was a question I'd never really thought about before in that aspect of lawmakers. Mainly never thought about it before because it's so rare to see bad laws actually removed.

It's frustrating for us, the average American citizen as I don't see how all this new crap will make anyone safer, but instead only restrict the people who are of no danger to the public.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    My view from being the lobbyist for MSRPA for the past several years:

1. The Democrat legislators walk in lock step, doing exactly what Dan mentioned above - a legislator puts a bill in and almost all of the Dems sign on as co-sponsors rather than putting in their own bills to be "lead sled dog". There are occasional exceptions, typically in year 1 or 2 of an election cycle, as the freshman Delegates/Senators try to make a name for themselves.
    2. The Republican legislators, while acting as a caucus, mostly work on their own items as individuals. Hence, we see multiple bills for the same thing that are only different in content by a handful of words.
    3. With the massively "Progressive" changes this year, we are facing Mount Kilimanjaro and will need every ounce of energy from the community to assist the lobbyists in trying to kill the bad bills.
    I have said to my board, my members, and some of the folks from here that I have had the pleasure of meeting face to face - I will be forced to spend almost all of my time trying to kill the bad bills, because the good bills are highly unlikely to see the light of day after they are heard in committee.

The legislature, with Mike Busch passing away and Mike Miller stepping down as Senate President, is a Progressive Freight Train on high-speed rails.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Maybe ask nicely?

Sure. I'm all about being nice. Until it's time not to be nice anymore. The first 10 years of showing up in Annapolis to discuss offline and testify, sure. The many, many emails and occasional letters, great. After a while of personally pushing and getting shoved further and further into the corner...meh.

I'm not necessarily saying to go full Mopar at every opportunity, as one or two folks may choose to stop visually inspecting their colons when presented with facts. Too bad we can't jump up and down and talk about our 'feelings' and make shit up like the Moms and the "experts" the antis pay to show up. Or even worse, be forced to say what the puppet masters make them say like some MSP folks we've seen over the years.

And I'm definitely not suggesting anybody here go the route Novus (RIP Mark) went with a certain mustachioed then-MGA member shortly before he received his ultra-perma-ban with triple secret probation and became persona non grata here forever. (Newbies: don't ask. Do a search if you like but don't ask.)

My biggest question for the folks pushing these bills is what is their long term goal? Like the internet meme says, if you need a disarmed population to govern, you suck at governing and/or have nefarious intent.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    There are pro 2A legislators that write and submit good bills EVERY year. They end up in the desk drawer and never even get out of committee

That was a serious answer. Serious as a heart attack, in light of the impending fracas in VA.

Obviously you missed the :sarcasm: tag in my post. What I was getting at (in small, easily digested words) is that the only thing the corrupt carpetbaggers in Annapolis will pay attention to is a tax rebellion. Cut off the money for their kickbacks and pork projects. In what I call the "Robert Hall Model": HIGH volume.

5,000 to 10,000 or more households refusing to pay their taxes to prosecute the infringing laws. We could also tie it to protest the annual tax rate increases to enlist even more households. HIGHLY PUBLICIZED BEFORE AND DURING the revolt.

The state can't lock up several thousand former taxpayers; the cost would be exorbitant. And they can't seize the properties for back taxes; that would cause home prices to collapse throughout the area. So stalemate, until one side blinks. And if there's enough media (and social media) noise about it, I think the legiscreatures would blink first.

I can dream, can't I?

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county

Legislators don’t generally write bills. They sponsor them.
    Bills are usually written by lobbyists and specials interest groups and shopped through the legislator for a sponsor.
    The group writing the bill lobbies other legislators for support. The horse trading begins with ‘I’ll support your bill if you support mine or help your campaign next election’.

Anyone can write any bill they want. They just have to find a willing sponsor to put the bill before the legislators. Then it boils down to demographics and deal making.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Also don’t discount the possibility the a bill may be sponsored by someone that wants to pigeonhole and kill the bill as an exchange for another deal.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Legislators don’t generally write bills. They sponsor them.

This is correct, however....

Bills are usually written by lobbyists and specials interest groups and shopped through the legislator for a sponsor.

Not really, 95% of the bills are suggested by the legislators, to the bill righters, which are basically state employed lawyers, that for 90 days out of the year, sit in a medium size room and work on changes to the law to generate a bill for the legislator. Only 5% or less are actually written and presented/shopped around by lobbyists/special interest groups.

The group writing the bill lobbies other legislators for support. The horse trading begins with ‘I’ll support your bill if you support mine or help your campaign next election’.

That really only applies to 5% of the bills and not even that much. Most legislators that are the primary sponsor of a bill, do so on their own to be able to go back to their constituents and say "see what I did." The exception to this are bills presented by the Administration, they get sponsored by the specific house leadership, and generally have the entire party sign on as co-sponsors. If it something a particular caucus wants, they decide who the sponsor is and the rest of the caucus signs on as co-sponsors.

Anyone can write any bill they want. They just have to find a willing sponsor to put the bill before the legislators. Then it boils down to demographics and deal making.

It also boils down to if they are willing to do the leg work to not only get a sponsor, but get co-sponsors on the bill as well.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    My view from being the lobbyist for MSRPA for the past several years:

1. The Democrat legislators walk in lock step, doing exactly what Dan mentioned above - a legislator puts a bill in and almost all of the Dems sign on as co-sponsors rather than putting in their own bills to be "lead sled dog". There are occasional exceptions, typically in year 1 or 2 of an election cycle, as the freshman Delegates/Senators try to make a name for themselves.
    2. The Republican legislators, while acting as a caucus, mostly work on their own items as individuals. Hence, we see multiple bills for the same thing that are only different in content by a handful of words.
    3. With the massively "Progressive" changes this year, we are facing Mount Kilimanjaro and will need every ounce of energy from the community to assist the lobbyists in trying to kill the bad bills.
    I have said to my board, my members, and some of the folks from here that I have had the pleasure of meeting face to face - I will be forced to spend almost all of my time trying to kill the bad bills, because the good bills are highly unlikely to see the light of day after they are heard in committee.

The legislature, with Mike Busch passing away and Mike Miller stepping down as Senate President, is a Progressive Freight Train on high-speed rails.

All I can say is: AMEN

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

And each such instance, the bills were supported by the Maryland State Police. You get the idea.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Do we know any details about submitting written testimony (other than PDF from a thumb drive)? Does it need to be titled a certain way to make it identifiable, or will it be linked to our names when we sign in? Any limits on size, etc.? I'm worried that it is going to be a real sh*tshow at the terminals :tap:

I'm sure it will all get deleted anyway...but I want to at least go through the motions. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom