• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It warms my heart to see all the signs and pro-freedom folks and not just 2A but the entire Constitution . Fight like hell Virginia .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    While I like Sheriff Gahler (Harford), they serve a lot of Red Flag confiscations.

I believe Sheriff Mike Lewis in Wicomico did as well or there were a good bit done in his county .
    I heard this today , but have not found an article to verify .

19 were done in his county , not sure by him or other agencies .

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    The Stafford County Board, after hearing 65 speakers, has voted 7 - 0 in favor of their Second Amendment Resolution at 11:15 PM, and has adjourned to a sustained standing ovation.

Mathews and York Counties also approved their Second Amendment Sanctuary Resolutions tonight.

“York County chose to call itself a “Constitutional County” instead of using the word “sanctuary.” During the meeting, Supervisor Walter Zaremba said part of the reasoning behind this was so that it wouldn’t be confused with sanctuary cities aimed at providing refuge to illegal immigrants.”

“According to published reports, 76 out of 95 counties, nine out of 38 independent cities, and 13 towns have adopted some kind of similar resolutions – some using the word sanctuary, some reaffirmation and others Constitutional counties, cities.”

https://wydaily.com/local-news/2019...s-resolution-to-become-constitutional-county/

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The Stafford County Board, after hearing 65 speakers, has voted 7 - 0 in favor of their Second Amendment Resolution at 11:15 PM, and has adjourned to a sustained standing ovation.

Mathews and York Counties also approved their Second Amendment Sanctuary Resolutions tonight.

“York County chose to call itself a “Constitutional County” instead of using the word “sanctuary.” During the meeting, Supervisor Walter Zaremba said part of the reasoning behind this was so that it wouldn’t be confused with sanctuary cities aimed at providing refuge to illegal immigrants.”

“According to published reports, 76 out of 95 counties, nine out of 38 independent cities, and 13 towns have adopted some kind of similar resolutions – some using the word sanctuary, some reaffirmation and others Constitutional counties, cities.”

https://wydaily.com/local-news/2019...s-resolution-to-become-constitutional-county/

Great news!

#WeWillNotComply #sicsempertyrannis

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    While I like Sheriff Gahler (Harford), they serve a lot of Red Flag confiscations.

That was my point. A lot of folks getting excited about the prospects
    of sanctuary or constitutional protections in their county for 2A but
    they can't see past the facts that most LEO act upon their paychecks,
    not the constitution. If they did, there wouldn't be any Red Flags
    executed in these "sanctuaries"....

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    The Virginia County That Gave Us George Washington Declares Itself a 2A Sanctuary

A timely national news dispatch reporting Tuesday night’s Stafford County pro-2A sanctuary county victory, written for TTAG by a certain busy Marylander who attended the Stafford County Board of Supervisors meeting in person to bring back the scoop in inspiring comments and pictures.

This includes an interview with the pro-Second Amendment/pro-2A sanctuary Stafford County Sheriff himself.

It’s another pro-2A victory: now, it’s on the Richmond!

Click on TTAG’s Stafford County 2A victory story here:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/t...ge-washington-declares-itself-a-2a-sanctuary/

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

• F8F91445-00AC-41BC-825E-EE2790B10A3C.jpg
      F8F91445-00AC-41BC-825E-EE2790B10A3C.jpg
      97.6 KB · Views: 447

abuseofpower

Dec 22, 2019
    In Virginia, a reported 90+ counties and municipalities have declared pro-2A sanctuary status. As of 12/19, the tally was 85 counties, 9 cities and 17 towns. The pro-2A map of Virginia looks like this (where green means pro-2A): (source: VCDL.org)

A similar movement is spontaneously spreading to many other states, increasingly shaping those states into what can only be described as Democrat-controlled capital cities surrounded by pro-2A counties populated by real Americans.

Can the Maryland State Legislature enact laws that violate its citizens Constitutional right to free assembly? I don't think so.

hawkhuff

Aug 15, 2012
    Carroll County, MD
    That was my point. A lot of folks getting excited about the prospects
    of sanctuary or constitutional protections in their county for 2A but
    they can't see past the facts that most LEO act upon their paychecks,
    not the constitution. If they did, there wouldn't be any Red Flags
    executed in these "sanctuaries"....

Excuse my ignorance on this topic as I have questions. Is this issue solely regarding the red flag ordinance and its application?

I have been a gun owner since 2009, moved here from totalitarian NY where, as an Army veteran I was not allowed any type of handgun. That is, without genuflecting to the oracle of government in Albany, their oligarchs, and Papa Doc Cuomo for two or more years. There may also have been something about your first born too but Cuomo kills them now.

I am in Carroll County and was happy to hear they are a 2nd Amendment sanctuary county or whatever phrase we place on this issue. However, what exactly does all this entail?

The implications are they will not comply with state law. However, which laws?

What does all this mean to us on an everyday basis?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What it generally means, at most, is that a given county or city will elect to not use its own funds to help the state enforce putatively anti-2A laws. It doesn’t make the state law toothless, but it might mean that your local sheriff won’t lift a finger to enforce it. The state troopers, on the other hand, don’t care what the local PD or Sheriff think about things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom