• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bass Pro and Cabela's $129.97. I don't know if that is a decent price but it's the best one I could find for this particular red dotThat usually sells for a little over 200. I bought one for my Ruger PC carbine

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    A friend bought a Romeo 5. The lense was canted or loose. She called SIG and at first they told her tough luck. After some persuasive language, they upgraded her to a model Romeo 7

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    All the Chinese ripoff scams and our polititicians still holds China as the "most favored trade country" status.

"She called SIG and at first they told her tough luck."
    Sounds like talking to Les Baer about an issue but he is more cordial. I don't understand that mentality.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Does it still count as a knockoff if the the original is Chinese made too? Shrugs. Is Popeye's an American knockoff of KFC?

More serious question, is Sig trying to unload all the 5 series now that they came out with the 5x and 5xdr?

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    FYI, palmetto state armory has them for $119 with free shipping... I have a few units on various AR builds and they do indeed co-witness (at least with magpul sights).

Also, the ones I have work fine for what they are - cheap (ish) red dots, I would not put them on my main rifle, but for plinking and just basic fun the work great. Also, look decent (if aesthetics is something you care about).

Last edited:

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    This one came with a tunnel through the base that works perfectly with the factory irons.

Attachments

• IMG_E3493.jpg
      IMG_E3493.jpg
      96.8 KB · Views: 1,298
    Does it still count as a knockoff if the the original is Chinese made too? Shrugs. Is Popeye's an American knockoff of KFC?

More serious question, is Sig trying to unload all the 5 series now that they came out with the 5x and 5xdr?

I have bought a few items from Amazon that were obvious knock offs that functioned as intended. 3 sets of 45 degree iron sights form my AR pistols and a dust cover scope mount for an SKS (I would hope coming from China it would work) but I've had to send stuff back or in one case give it to my nephew for his airsoft stuff...

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    FYI, palmetto state armory has them for $119 with free shipping... I have a few units on various AR builds and they do indeed co-witness (at least with magpul sights).

Also, the ones I have work fine for what they are - cheap (ish) red dots, I would not put them on my main rifle, but for plinking and just basic fun the work great. Also, look decent (if aesthetics is something you care about).
    Yep. Just got one from Palmetto for $119 myself. Threw it on my ADM qd mount. I also have a Romeo 5xdr.

Laj

Dec 5, 2016

Whoa whoa whoa hey now. Popeye's and KFC are two completely different concepts. KFC is fried chicken for people who don't know what friend chicken is supposed to taste like.
    Popeye's on the other hand is Delicious.
    See? Totally different concepts.

Whoa whoa whoa hey now. Popeye's and KFC are two completely different concepts. KFC is fried chicken for people who don't know what friend chicken is supposed to taste like.
    Popeye's on the other hand is Delicious.
    See? Totally different concepts.

As someone who has had the displeasure of servicing the IT equipment in many fast food restaurants including KFC I will warn all of you with peace and love...never ever EVER eat food from ANY KFC..I have a very strong stomach. I've picked up body parts, smelled people burned to death and done other things that would make most people wretch..the kitchens in every KFC I have ever been in would knock stink off a gut wagon...don't do it..

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County

I ordered one from Palmetto for $119 + tax with free shipping. It is in transit now due to arrive Monday. 2 weeks since I placed the order.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

I ordered one from Palmetto for $119 + tax with free shipping. It is in transit now due to arrive Monday. 2 weeks since I placed the order.

Mine is still processing from 3/27
    :rolleyes:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have had stuff from them delivered and in use before it said anything other than processing

I figured as much. I am not sweating it, just funny. Places like PSA put things on sale and when demand out strips supply customers get left in the lurch wondering. Amazon with all its faults is pretty good, I ordered a pair of jeans, they told me they were not in stock and would not charge me until they shipped, checked back weeks later to make sure I still wanted them because they were still not in stock and then a few weeks later notified me that the order could not be fulfilled and canceled it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom