• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's an option for sure.

Kind of sours me for my first Glock....brand new in box and while it's not running horrid it's not running right.

Havent had these issues with any of my 3 MP's.

I'm going to call Glock tomorrow and see if I have the "upgraded" parts in mine already. If not I'll send it back for them to "fix" their brand new gun. If I have the upgraded parts I'll consider the LW and some fine tuning.

Maybe Glock will be kind and send me 20 bucks worth of goodies for my drive down to Scotts...what do you think?

I couldnt say what they would do. I know they have great CS though.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    That's an option for sure.

Kind of sours me for my first Glock....brand new in box and while it's not running horrid it's not running right.

Havent had these issues with any of my 3 MP's.

I'm going to call Glock tomorrow and see if I have the "upgraded" parts in mine already. If not I'll send it back for them to "fix" their brand new gun. If I have the upgraded parts I'll consider the LW and some fine tuning.

Maybe Glock will be kind and send me 20 bucks worth of goodies for my drive down to Scotts...what do you think?

Your spring should say 043, ejector is 30274. Those are the newest part numbers I'm aware of. I'm in the same boat with feelings toward glock, I really like this pistol but too many of them have these problems.

Chad, I think I'm gonna have to find some time to come visit Scott's again for a lil tune up.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Your spring should say 043, ejector is 30274. Those are the newest part numbers I'm aware of. I'm in the same boat with feelings toward glock, I really like this pistol but too many of them have these problems.

Chad, I think I'm gonna have to find some time to come visit Scott's again for a lil tune up.

Yup that's what I have. Mine is dated April for a build date from what I gathered.

I'm not really sure if it's worth sending back if I have the newest parts. Would be nice to have every round eject properly though.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    That sucks. I have three Glocks from different generations and fortunately haven't had any issues. I would absolutely trust my life to my Glocks. I thought Glock had worked out most of bugs with the Gen 4 by now. They won't just send you the latest ejector or extractor, unless you are a certified Glock armorer. If you send the gun back demand that they pay shipping, because overnight shipping is really expensive. Do you have the 336 ejector? I think the new MIM extractors are part of the problem.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have the 043 Recoil Spring and 30274 ejector.

I'm wondering if I should wait to hit the 500 round mark to see if it gets better? Might be a "break in" thing although since others are having so many issues I have my doubts.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I wanted to try a Glock in my inventory...and since the 4th Gen has reversible magazine catch and back straps I figured what better time then now.

Got out today and fired a little under 200 rounds. PMC Bronze and WWB wal mart special ammo.

The rear sight needs to be drifted left a bit. I was getting okay groupings but all to the right. When looking at it the rear sight does not appear to be centered. It's to the right a bit.

My MAJOR concern was extraction issues. In all 3 15 round magazines I'd get 1-2 rounds straight back to the face. I found it more annoying then anything else but I WOULD NOT let a new shooter fire this handgun. It's likely to put them off from shooting catching brass in the face.

The spring is 034 I believe according to the numbers on the end plate.

Has anyone had any luck with replacing the extractor on these to solve this issue?

What say you Chad?

It cycled the cheap ammo fine other then extraction.

I had the same problem with mine. Send it back to Glock. Have them issue a shipping call tag and overnight it to them. Also, don't let them tell you it will take four weeks to get the gun back to you. It should be no more than two weeks for warranty issues. As for getting a "goodie" from them for your trouble, I got a Tac Light out of them because I paid for the shipping the first time I sent one back and didn't know that they were supposed to pay. They will send merchandise, but will not reimburse with cash.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I have the 043 Recoil Spring and 30274 ejector.

I'm wondering if I should wait to hit the 500 round mark to see if it gets better? Might be a "break in" thing although since others are having so many issues I have my doubts.

I hoped the same, sadly, don't get your heart set on it. I didn't send mine back because I figured they would just put the same kind of junk extractor back in.

Fwiw, I didn't have the problem when using the high dollar, high zoot defensive ammo.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Well it's going back to Glock this week sometime.

Went through another 200 rounds together. PMC Bronze did okay this time with only 1 or 2 of 50 rounds hitting my right arm.

AE 147 Grain went very well...I dont think any ammo hit me.

Fired 50 rounds of Winchester Ranger 147 and it sucked. I had two rounds fly into my safety glasses wedging between the safety glasses and my normal glasses, 2 rounds hit my right arm (support hand), and atleast 1 round hit my forehead.

No FTE's or FTF's....just very crappy ejection.

Hopefully they'll get it right this time...if not I'll be heading down to Scotts I think.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Well it's going back to Glock this week sometime.

Went through another 200 rounds together. PMC Bronze did okay this time with only 1 or 2 of 50 rounds hitting my right arm.

AE 147 Grain went very well...I dont think any ammo hit me.

Fired 50 rounds of Winchester Ranger 147 and it sucked. I had two rounds fly into my safety glasses wedging between the safety glasses and my normal glasses, 2 rounds hit my right arm (support hand), and atleast 1 round hit my forehead.

No FTE's or FTF's....just very crappy ejection.

Hopefully they'll get it right this time...if not I'll be heading down to Scotts I think.

I feel for you. I know it's aggravating. My Gen3 still pops one in my face once in a while even after Glock "fixed" it, but I'll live with an occasional one happening.

glockfather

May 14, 2012
    Odenton, MD
    ejection issues

If you all keep having ejection issues bring your glock to the next gun show. The ejector can be replaced in minutes. Or bring it by my shop i will be glad to fix it.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I feel for you. I know it's aggravating. My Gen3 still pops one in my face once in a while even after Glock "fixed" it, but I'll live with an occasional one happening.

If it was one out of 200 hundred okay.

It's one or two per mag sometimes...and using the "high power self defense" loads did not see to help it at all.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    If you all keep having ejection issues bring your glock to the next gun show. The ejector can be replaced in minutes. Or bring it by my shop i will be glad to fix it.

What if it's already got the current 30274 ejector? Do you do ejector and extractor tuning?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Called Glock today and they told me to ship it on my own dime at first.

When I asked about them paying for shipping the guy was very polite and asked what model it was and what issues I was having. Once I said what it was he said they'd send a shipping label for the gun.

Hopefully they can get it sorted out. If not I'll have to decide to sell the gun or try to have a smith get it running right.

The good news....my MP40 shot 200 rounds with no issues at all...with a LTR-1 light mounted on it.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Don't expect a miracle from Glock's repair department. The Gen4 erratic ejection issue has been ongoing for quite some time and has been tested with simple part swaps and discussed to death in tens of thousands of posts in other forums. The only modification I have seen that permanently corrects the problem is when a gunsmith lowers/reprofiles the ejection port, in order to reliably eject at 3 o'clock almost regardless of what spring set, extractor, and ejector the gun has in it.

As Chad mentioned, a gunsmith can still fine tune your ejector and/or extractor for optimal operation in your specific gun. But by themselves, those changes are not likely to be a permanent solution if the ejection port is left untouched, unfortunately.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Don't expect a miracle from Glock's repair department. The Gen4 erratic ejection issue has been ongoing for quite some time and has been tested with simple part swaps and discussed to death in tens of thousands of posts in other forums. The only modification I have seen that permanently corrects the problem is when a gunsmith lowers/reprofiles the ejection port, in order to reliably eject at 3 o'clock almost regardless of what spring set, extractor, and ejector the gun has in it.

As Chad mentioned, a gunsmith can still fine tune your ejector and/or extractor for optimal operation in your specific gun. But by themselves, those changes are not likely to be a permanent solution if the ejection port is left untouched, unfortunately.

It's not a really needed gun per se in my safe.

Worst case I'll just send it back until Glock fixes it or replaces it then maybe try for a G23 instead of G19.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    This is a pretty well documented problem with the Gen 4's, mostly in 9mm but have seen it in some of the .40's as well. This is the only reason I haven't yet and probably will not purchase a Gen 4 until well after they specify what exactly the problem was and how they fixed it. Many people send their guns back to glock, some come back fixed, some come back the same, some get replacement new guns all together and no explanation as to why. Clearly glock hasn't pinpointed exactly what is wrong, first it was the RSA, then the extractor, some people say some of the slides are cut wrong, MIM parts are not to spec... Too many issues for me to worry about. For me, spending my own money on a weapon I want to be completely reliable as long as I do my part, it's not worth the gamble. In MY opinion if you want "Glock Reliability" buy a used gen 3 manufactured before 2010 and replace all the springs for about $20.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    This is a pretty well documented problem with the Gen 4's, mostly in 9mm but have seen it in some of the .40's as well. This is the only reason I haven't yet and probably will not purchase a Gen 4 until well after they specify what exactly the problem was and how they fixed it. Many people send their guns back to glock, some come back fixed, some come back the same, some get replacement new guns all together and no explanation as to why. Clearly glock hasn't pinpointed exactly what is wrong, first it was the RSA, then the extractor, some people say some of the slides are cut wrong, MIM parts are not to spec... Too many issues for me to worry about. For me, spending my own money on a weapon I want to be completely reliable as long as I do my part, it's not worth the gamble. In MY opinion if you want "Glock Reliability" buy a used gen 3 manufactured before 2010 and replace all the springs for about $20.

Mine is s Gen3 and I had the problem.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

Getting an old Gen3 is not an option.

I relocate all my magazine releases since I'm left handed. The Gen4's are the only models that will allow me to do this.

It a Gen4 or 5 or nothing.

Glock. Perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom