• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    I wonder, were there posts like this Pre-FSA where someone made a claim about a SB281 type bill and it's contents pre-2013 and just got roasted here about how "Looney" they were??
    This site has a lot of tinfoil hat name calling, meanwhile each session it seems like we the gun owners lose more and more.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    You are not tin foil hat conspiracy theorist if you are right!
    I'm no Alex Jones but when someone tells you watch out they are coming for your guns and standard capacity magazines you should probably believe them. Especially if you are from Maryland! What's coming towards us is a big pile of poo gun legislation and it will likely get passed! Don't say you weren't warned!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I wonder, were there posts like this Pre-FSA where someone made a claim about a SB281 type bill and it's contents pre-2013 and just got roasted here about how "Looney" they were??
    This site has a lot of tinfoil hat name calling, meanwhile each session it seems like we the gun owners lose more and more.

No, 13'er, I think most people saw the writing on the wall. ;)

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    You are not tin foil hat conspiracy theorist if you are right!
    I'm no Alex Jones but when someone tells you watch out they are coming for your guns and standard capacity magazines you should probably believe them. Especially if you are from Maryland! What's coming towards us is a big pile of poo gun legislation and it will likely get passed AND SIGNED BY THE GOVERNOR! Don't say you weren't warned!

Helped you a little. LOL

Bigtex

Sep 11, 2018
    Laurel, Md.
    With all of the actual knowledge out there i don’t see how anyone can legitimately back this kind of play. Have we not been heard?! Or are our opponents actually that short sighted to even think for a second and see through propaganda and see the truth??? What do we do?? If they simply pass a law we’ll prob be fine but how long after that is confiscation gonna come calling? Do we stand and fight? Hide our gear on the woods???? Wtf do we do about this?? As an officer, half the police will try to enforce. Theother half won’t have any part of this nonsense.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    With all of the actual knowledge out there i don’t see how anyone can legitimately back this kind of play. Have we not been heard?! Or are our opponents actually that short sighted to even think for a second and see through propaganda and see the truth??? What do we do?? If they simply pass a law we’ll prob be fine but how long after that is confiscation gonna come calling? Do we stand and fight? Hide our gear on the woods???? Wtf do we do about this?? As an officer, half the police will try to enforce. Theother half won’t have any part of this nonsense.

Our opponents are the majority in Annapolis. Because of this, they are bold about pushing their anti-gun agenda and are not easily embarrassed. They do it under the guise of public safety knowing that what they are doing doesn’t make anyone safer. Make no mistake, their goal is to disarm YOU, while doing nothing to address the actual problem.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore

For those of us who have been to the dance more than once: most Dem legislators in MD equate guns with crime, and don't particularly care about constitutional intent, or would simply love to ban guns entirely. They'd rather pass laws and make the courts sort it out. No loss on their part, taxpayers have to pay for it all and they get to say they "did something"... even though 90+% of crime in this state is driven by the drug trade and/or poverty.

Also, confiscation will never happen. It'd be a PR nightmare. The "rapid fire" devices that are banned are simply that, no one is going to knock on your front door. You can continue to be an undisclosed felon. Maybe an RSO would turn you in, maybe they wouldn't. Again, politicians don't care. Enforcement is not necessary if a long enough timeline makes things illegal to sell or buy.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    For those of us who have been to the dance more than once: most Dem legislators in MD equate guns with crime, and don't particularly care about constitutional intent, or would simply love to ban guns entirely. They'd rather pass laws and make the courts sort it out. No loss on their part, taxpayers have to pay for it all and they get to say they "did something"... even though 90+% of crime in this state is driven by the drug trade and/or poverty.

Also, confiscation will never happen. It'd be a PR nightmare. The "rapid fire" devices that are banned are simply that, no one is going to knock on your front door. You can continue to be an undisclosed felon. Maybe an RSO would turn you in, maybe they wouldn't. Again, politicians don't care. Enforcement is not necessary if a long enough timeline makes things illegal to sell or buy.

Not really a big need to confiscate.

If they prohibit possession, the smallest and I mean a sliver may get rid of it. The vast majority will keep it under wraps. Then another faction will screw up and get caught with them, and they go to prison.
    I honestly hope MGA doesn't go full monty here. It wouldn't surprise me if they start there though.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    For those of us who have been to the dance more than once: most Dem legislators in MD equate guns with crime, and don't particularly care about constitutional intent, or would simply love to ban guns entirely. They'd rather pass laws and make the courts sort it out.

They may say that, but follow the money.

A major lobbying faction in Annapolis is the legal profession, especially trial lawyers. They don't want to eliminate crime - hell, crime is their bread and butter.

They don't mind gun bans, of course; they know full well that the majority of their clients will get them illegally, and as or the rest of us, they stand to make a lot of money representing the occasional honest shooter defending his life and family.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    I am not a regular on here and my bona fides are unknown to you, but I am going to put this out there and take it as you will.

Some Maryland politicians, proving they are completely isolated from reality, have recently discovered the Assault Weapon "HBAR Loophole" and will be attempting to correct their mistake this year.

Just keep one eye on the usual suspects.....

So name names. Why make it a big secret?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom