• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I don't think we have a separate thread for this model and don't need one for pictures but I have questions. First and foremost...

I have already built a G19 and it required the 6 holes be drilled out. The G26 80% that I purchased has only 4 holes in the jig. The other two are labeled. The directions on their website don't make any mention of not drilling 6, but they are not there.

Anyone seen this or did I miss something?

I will have more questions when it comes to choosing a slide.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
      IMG_1188.jpg
      82.1 KB · Views: 920
    • IMG_1190.jpg
      IMG_1190.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 764

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I remembered reading something special about the 26 before I actually purchased it. Once I got it, I did not see anything about it after looking. Thanks for the pointer.

KYtoMD

Mar 23, 2017
    MD
    Looking at a pic of a completed P80 subcompact, it only has 2 pins. This is different from the actual Gen3 G26 which has 3 pins.

dmable44

Jul 4, 2018
    I just put this together. Still have yet to shoot it.

Attachments

• CCE1C5E3-0ED2-4A41-BA8E-ECA8374D4914.jpg
      CCE1C5E3-0ED2-4A41-BA8E-ECA8374D4914.jpg
      127.4 KB · Views: 1,364

dmable44

Jul 4, 2018
    I need to get proper 26 mags for it. Would like to get night sights or a light for it too. Maybe even anoptic cut.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I way overpaid for my mags. I was in NJ for a soccer tournament with my son and found a small LGS a few miles from our hotel. I wanted to patronize a gun shop in NJ because it was NJ, but man, they didn't even use lube or kiss me when they were done.

I bought the sights for my 19 but purchased a complete slide.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    For those that one to build a 26 DRILL THE HOLES FIRST LOL. Thankfully i got the frame cheap otherwise I’d be pissed at myself

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    For those that one to build a 26 DRILL THE HOLES FIRST LOL. Thankfully i got the frame cheap otherwise I’d be pissed at myself

If Polymer80 would include a simple set of instructions on a slip of paper, they would need to warranty far fewer screwed up frames from guys not following the proper procedure.

The tabs that you need to remove on the frame are what holds the frame tightly in the jig. If you mill the top before drilling the holes, the frame will not be held in place and may move inside the jig. This is how the holes end up in the wrong place on some builds.

This is especially important on the G26 build!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If Polymer80 would include a simple set of instructions on a slip of paper, they would need to warranty far fewer screwed up frames from guys not following the proper procedure.

The tabs that you need to remove on the frame are what holds the frame tightly in the jig. If you mill the top before drilling the holes, the frame will not be held in place and may move inside the jig. This is how the holes end up in the wrong place on some builds.

This is especially important on the G26 build!
    Thanks!!!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yeah if you got any questions give me a yell I’ll teach you how to F it up so you can do the opposite lol

Ha!. I have a G26 frame to do. I will now drill first, so your services should not be required. :lol2:

I got a barrel from Bear Creek Arsenal for $50 including shipping.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Ha!. I have a G26 frame to do. I will now drill first, so your services should not be required. :lol2:

I got a barrel from Bear Creek Arsenal for $50 including shipping.

FWIW, I needed to clamp the slide down on the frame in order to get the 26 holes to line up with the slide rail inserts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom