• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We couldn't do the MDS Flat Stanley photo contest because, well honestly, most of you guys are anything but flat....so....

Announcing the First Annual Maryland Shooters "Where in the World?" summer photo contest.

The rules are simple.....post ONE picture to this thread of your summer travels while displaying your Maryland Shooters t-shirt.

•Keep it PG...no body parts, etc. Nothing that I couldn't show my grandmother.

It seems no one told Spot77 that the last time and, well....you know......

•The winner will be selected based on creativity, humor and any all around attributes that enhance my otherwise dreary existence.

The contest will continue through August 31st, 2009 with all submissions being judged at that time.

The fabulous winning prizes will include a set of the Enemies, Foreign and Domestic trilogy by Mathew Bracken. as well as one 1oz Silver American Eagle

Enemies%20Foreign%20and%20Domestic%20bookcover.jpg
    silver-american-eagle-proof-obverse-2004.jpg

Good luck!

Disclaimer:

This is supposed to be FUN. However, if you decide to do something stupid in the name of winning that gets you arrested, injured, dead or forced to spend the night in a tent with Spot77 after he's been to Chipotle, don't send your lawyer, parole officer or spouse to us to blame us for you being dumb.

Have fun with this, just make sure that you come back with all of your body parts intact, everyone else's property and body parts intact and, most of all, my amusement intact over seeing your ugly mugs trying to win these prizes.

Last edited:

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Is DD214 ready for the onslaught of shirt orders this will no doubt elicit?

Might want to think about multiple categories (most creative, hardest to get to, most difficult to replicate, most bone-headed, best photo-shopped, most guaranteed to pop a gun-grabber artery, etc...) with one grand prize winner for the books...

P.S. Brilliant idea, btw...

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We'll see how it goes this month and, like most things around here, refine as necessary :thumbsup:

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    how about if you put a md shooters sticker on a regular shirt? or what if the picture doesn't have people? can the sticker be substituted?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    my shirt shrunk big time after a few washes, so i will slightly resemble the state puff marshmallow man:sad20::D. are new white shirts available yet?

good idea:thumbsup: too bad i just came back from vegas:sad20: i coulda come up with endless possibilities:innocent0

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    I really should get on the mdshooters LADIES thong group buy.... bring the contest to a whole different level

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    Firehawk, you just came back from Vegas too? I was there the 14th to 22. Although I only spent one day in Vegas. Most of my trip was running around the myriad of national and state parks in the area.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Everyone please re-read the OP

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Does it have to be *this* summer? I have a good shot of an MDS shirt from last summer if that's okay.

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    a shirt? a hat? hell. I'd settle for getting a sticker..been trying to find one for a month. Sent DD214 an email, but haven't heard back yet. From the post on this site, I'd don't doubt the man is busier than a one armed paper hanger...and for the record..I am NOT faulting the guy...no way no how. All he does is appreciated that's for sure.
    I'll scotch tape the sticker to a hat or shirt as needed.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Quit asking questions and remember it's all in fun and to brighten up everyone's day! How you choose to creatively interpret the rules......:innocent0

As for me, I'm off to Pensacola next week for a bachelor party and wedding. :evilgrin3

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Quit asking questions and remember it's all in fun and to brighten up everyone's day! How you choose to creatively interpret the rules......:innocent0

As for me, I'm off to Pensacola next week for a bachelor party and wedding. :evilgrin3

bribe an astronaut $50 bucks to take a shirt up on the next launch and snap a pic. That be bad ass no matter what:party29:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Ok, we have our first entry....I particularly like the approaching storm clouds.....very metaphoric

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom