• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Now we seem to be possibly zeroing in on something here. Another big question:
    Will U.S.G.I. 1911 parts interchange with the Norwegian M1914???

Lou, according to the reading I've done all the parts should interchange between the two guns.

If this is so, I'd say we narrowed it down for ya'. See next quoted post.

Here's both sides of a Kongsberg 1914 (this one is from 1945). Note the crown proof on the left trigger guard and no markings on right side. I'm not convinced the S/N font is correct on the OP frame but it doesn't really matter I suppose. If you look closely there appear to be some casting "bubbles" on the frame; my Kongsberg has similar flaws and machining. These were dirt cheap "back in the day" so it kind of makes sense to have used it for a build - not so much anymore.

Regarding serial# font; the 1945 gun serial# and the OP's gun serial#(much earlier) there are two numeric characters they have in common, the digits 1 and 2. The font of digit 2 is almost, if not, identically an exact match. The digit 1 is definitely different. On the 1945 gun alone, the fonts are different from one part to another but the frame number is what we're comparing. I'd havta' go with the frame being an early Norwegian M1914 and as somd_mustangs indicated, they were cheap back in the day for a build.

.....and the beautiful princess married her beloved prince charming and they lived happily ever after. The end...LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom