• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    Looking to buy some of these but am finding prices and quality all over the map. Wondering where you guys get yours?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Save yourself the trouble and load one at a time.

By the time you get finished with trying to make them work, you would have had rounds down range.

8mm Mauser clips are great.

SKS clips are 50/50.

Mosin clips are junk.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Save yourself the trouble and load one at a time.

By the time you get finished with trying to make them work, you would have had rounds down range.

8mm Mauser clips are great.

SKS clips are 50/50.

Mosin clips are junk.

I have to disagree with you. Mosin clips aren't really that hard

[YT]AXKIa4Ok30E[/YT]

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I've had luck with the cheap Amazon ones as long as you load the clips right regarding the rims, and use the technique where you hold the top round at an angle and push with your thumb at the base of the cartridge (as shown in that Youtube video)...

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Just a little helpful hint for anyone that does not know. You can put your boolits in your stripper clips and put them in one of those blue plastic boolit carriers and you can still close the lid. I have been doing this for a few years. You just have to fan out your boolits to fit in the holes of the "tupperware for men" as the guy who sells them calls them. I told him this this weekend at the HoCo show and he wasn't aware you could do that and still get the lid closed. Makes for a much more fun time at the range not needing to re-load a dozen or so stripper clips to shoot.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The cheap repros are mostly junk. The original ones are amazing. I used to have a few hundred 1940's Soviet ones, but I sold them at $1 each. I still have a few Soviet and Bulgarian ones for personal use, and they all work flawlessly. On one of my Mosins, the interrupter works great. You can intentionally load the rounds to lock rims, but it doesn't jam the gun because the interrupter lifts the top round off the one below it. I load the rounds like you do on a Lee Enfield clip, so there is no top or bottom.

Definitely worth it to hunt down original clips.

How I load my Mosin clips for my M91/30.
    EnfiledChargerClip-1.jpg

Last edited:

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    I have never worked with Repro clips before but so far they worked great for me. I still have at least 20 originals I could have sold you but it seems you already purchased the repro's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom