• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Got my Sig 229R 9mm the other day. I was watching YT videos on how to change magazine release and wow did they make it a bit complicated. I'll probably let either a smith or a Armorer do it.

Been looking for ammo as I really dont want to mess with any of my stash at this point. Struck out the last few times at Wal-Mart and Dicks.

Anyone know some place that might have some decent OWB L/H holsters for the 229R?

Also trying not to buy more 15 round magazines from 44ammo as they want 45 bucks for them.

Overall the gun points very well. The trigger pull seems very long but I'm interested to see how the SRT will do on the range.

BAGGERZ13

Feb 14, 2013
    I have the gun in .40 S&W. did yours come with the SRT or did you do it yourself? I want to put the SRT on my gun but I don't know if it is something I can do myself.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    An indoor range will have Ammo if you use the range. See how much they will sell you per visit.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Mine came with the SRT system.

I dont like to mess with springs and what not inside a firearm and it's largely because I do not understand their function.

A man has to know his limits and when it's better to take a working gun in to get fixed as opposed to a broke gun missing 3 springs to get fixed.

AnonymousShooter

Jan 2, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    Mine came with the SRT system.

I dont like to mess with springs and what not inside a firearm and it's largely because I do not understand their function.

A man has to know his limits and when it's better to take a working gun in to get fixed as opposed to a broke gun missing 3 springs to get fixed.

Ain't that the truth. Where are you located in MD?

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Got my Sig 229R 9mm the other day. I was watching YT videos on how to change magazine release and wow did they make it a bit complicated. I'll probably let either a smith or a Armorer do it.

Been looking for ammo as I really dont want to mess with any of my stash at this point. Struck out the last few times at Wal-Mart and Dicks.

Anyone know some place that might have some decent OWB L/H holsters for the 229R?

Also trying not to buy more 15 round magazines from 44ammo as they want 45 bucks for them.

Overall the gun points very well. The trigger pull seems very long but I'm interested to see how the SRT will do on the range.

Check PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom