• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Because this design isn't intended for concealed carry. The balance of the gun with the shorter slide and longer grip feels nice.

I'm happy to see them release this design in black. Also good move on their part making the design work with the standard 17 round mags, I always thought it was dumb they didnt work with the 19x.

So it is not a CCW gun and the shorter sight radius does nothing regards to duty carry.

So it fits where in what nitch other then they will sell cause Glock.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    They look good to me, but Glock just keeps weaning us along with the same product... :sad20:

Attachments

• GLOCK-45-brand-new-Crossover-Pistol-in-9mm-Luger.jpg
      GLOCK-45-brand-new-Crossover-Pistol-in-9mm-Luger.jpg
      70.8 KB · Views: 303

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Made me look them up on the Glock site .

Near as I can tell , it's black, doesn't have lanyard ring, does have front serrations on slide .

It's a subtle difference , but some people prefer Combat Commanders to Gov't Mdl , primarily because of the balance , and this is the tupperware equivalent .

What I'm really scratching my head , is why a seperate Model number instead of just a variant on 19x ?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    What I'm really scratching my head , is why a seperate Model number instead of just a variant on 19x ?

Maybe they have plans for expansion on that model number/line. I don’t know what that could possibly be though. Also could just be a new number to prevent confusion between the G19 on purchase orders and inventory for agencies. I could also see someone asking why a department bought 20 G19s and 20 G19Xs whereas they wouldn’t question the same number of G45s.

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    How do you like it so far?

Love it. everything is better than my G19 gen3/ G17 gen2/ G26 gen3. Trigger, guide rod, sights and the feeling every time I pull the trigger. Onlything I don't like is the color. Anyway, this is my opinion.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    What I'm really scratching my head , is why a seperate Model number instead of just a variant on 19x ?[/QUOTE]

Because putting "19xfsbleo" on the slide was too gaudy.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So it is not a CCW gun and the shorter sight radius does nothing regards to duty carry.

So it fits where in what nitch other then they will sell cause Glock.

Great comp gun where you really don’t need the extra sight radius ditto on a duty gun.

But yeah it’s not a great joe blow gun. I dunno why they didn’t sell out the 19X and reverse it like people are asking.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    17211922_10212511528012618_5367407234272882171_o.jpg

31 slide on a 19 (32) frame makes a nice shooter.

Need to have that barrel chopped though, not digging the extended look.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Lol, glock changes the color and makes it a new model? Now the MSP needs to evaluate whether the color change makes it too dangerous for us peasants to own...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Chrysler used to do the same thing on their parts if they changed the color of a bushing or the placement of a sticker - new part number!!!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you want a G17 with G19 length grip , all it takes is sn exacto knife .
    Or the PF940CL frame.

I'm definitely in the "I love shorter slides on big frames" camp, but the G45 makes the 19X look like a really cynical cash grab. I still don't understand why Glock is incapable of making "tactical" pistols with MOS and threaded barrels... isn't this the most obvious product in the world?

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    Anyone submit it to the next MD roster?:innocent0

My guess is Glock will do it for us. Last time I called them I was asking some general questions about how it worked and she said that companies like Glock & S&W will submit them on their own. If I was interested in purchasing right away though, I would probably call and ask if that has been set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom