• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob b

c@r collecting
    for the guys who have made one was it hard ?
    seems on the videos not to be to bad
    any suggestions or tips to make it go smooth

also are they legal to use and carry ?

thanks

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Not hard if we’re talking glocks.

Legal to possess and carry (supposing the person can legally possess firearms), except in DC where it’s need to be serialized and registered with them first.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Super easy, hardly an inconvenience..

Wait till October 2019 to find out how legal they are.

In other words. Buy and build now!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Super easy.

Dremel
    Exacto knife
    Sand paper
    Drill
    Punch set
    Hammer

There is a guy on YouTube who uses tin snips and razor blade

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    My first 80% was a Stealth Arms 1911. Don't want to say it was hard just needed to take my time to make sure I didn't miss anything. I learned quite a bit about the 1911 and was pleased with the results.

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being super easy and 10 being super difficult, I would rate the 1911 a 5.

I did my G19 P80 Monday afternoon in about 3 hours. On the same 1-10 scale I would rate it a 1. You can prep the frame in 15-20 minutes with minimal tools or skill.

rob b

c@r collecting
    My first 80% was a Stealth Arms 1911. Don't want to say it was hard just needed to take my time to make sure I didn't miss anything. I learned quite a bit about the 1911 and was pleased with the results.

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being super easy and 10 being super difficult, I would rate the 1911 a 5.

I did my G19 P80 Monday afternoon in about 3 hours. On the same 1-10 scale I would rate it a 1. You can prep the frame in 15-20 minutes with minimal tools or skill.

sounds good think I will just go order one tonight
    The PF940v2™ is compatible with components for 3-pin 9mm G17, 34, 17L; .40S&W G22, 35, 24; and .357Sig G31.

now 9mm or 40 or maybe 357 sig

wish a 21 slide would run on the large frame

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    My two pennies, be careful, it’s addicting! Can be super easy but also super easy to screw something up. Here are some tips...

Full size typically are harder to complete due to locking blocks being slightly too wide.

1st pull those rails out and place on a flat surface to make sure they are flat then inspect for any rough areas

Then check to see if locking block is wider then frame, it most likely will be, knock the outside edge down with a file or dremel then throw it in the freezer

Now lets get that frame ready, use your choice of weapon to accomplish this, mine are snips, razor blade, and dremel. Spring channel needs to be smooth and may need to be a touch larger then what is marked. Now drill the holes and make sure you are straight and that the jig is held solidly together either with a vice, bolt, or something. This is important cuz if these holes are off, the rails will be off.

Throw the rails in, front might need a little assistance from a hammer but the last one i did after knocking the edges down with freezing slide in my fingers only. Both should be very close to flush with frame. Oops almost forgot get your trigger in before fully seating the locking block.

And speaking of trigger make sure you put the spring in correctly when assembling

Now another hang up that I see a lot is the spring for the slide lock, this needs to be put in and set flush with lower or will cause the the spring to hang up. Then the slide lock should be put in with the notch facing the rear of the pistol.

The rest is pretty straight forward, make sure there is no burr on the rear rail or trigger where they make contact when pulling the trigger, this will cause reset problems.

Put the recoil spring in alone and make sure it’s not hanging up in the U channel. Put the slide on without barrel and spring to make sure it slides properly.

Once all this is completed and the weapon is fully together, check over functionality many times holding the weapon in different angles.

I very well have forgot something as it’s pretty late and I keep getting interrupted by the family. I was going to do a how to here on the forum but ended up finishing the last one I did here and there.

I’d keep an eye out on Brownells, they typically run a sale on them and can be had for 100-120. I personally like the Brownells edition grip texture out of the stock offerings. I would also suggest sticking with OEM parts to get it up n running, then after a few hundred rounds, do only reliable modifications like trigger, connectors, etc.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've built three thus far, and everything PYR just wrote is very true. Locking block fit on the PF940SC is pretty good, even better than the PF940C. I've found that the rear pin hole has been low on every frame, and I've had to ream out the hole slightly with the rear rails in the gun. You also need to make sure you clean up the inside of the gun after drilling, especially the holes around the locking block.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Is it time for a stickied thread on building your own Glock? I'd be happy to run that show, I've built enough of them by now.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    for the guys who have made one was it hard ?
    seems on the videos not to be to bad
    any suggestions or tips to make it go smooth

also are they legal to use and carry ?

thanks

--Very easy
    --make sure the recoil spring channel opening is completely milled out and smooth
    --of course, addressed in many posts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom