• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Therefore, the redistricting effort is futile and should be dropped, right?

It can't hurt, but let's not pretend it's some panacea that will solve our issues when the MGA retains the final say on the map.

Don't think the MGA would overrule the governor's suggested map because it's never been done in our history? Hahaha.

Vote for your grabber. It'll turn out swell, I'm sure.

Therefore, we should elect a Left wing, anti-2A governor because it doesn't matter anyway, right? And while we're at it, we should withdraw any support for Republicans in the MGA and make it a 100% Dem monolith, because that doesn't matter anyway because of its supermajority, right?

Might as well just dissolve the Maryland Republican Party while we're at it, right?

No matter who wins in November, the citizens of Maryland will have elected a left swing, anti-2A governor. I'll retain my principles, my dignity, and my logical consistency by not voting for a fukking gun grabber.

It's hard to believe, I know, because one of them has the sainted (R) after his name, and therefore is infallible. I bet the guy doesn't even bleed. Godking Hogan will dispense ARs like EZ Pass toll discounts. There will be so much winning.

The MD GOP has practically dissolved itself without needing voters to help it along.

Vote Grabber 2018! :sad20:

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I have an acquaintance in St Mary's County who will not be voting for Hogan. He is very active in the Republican club in the county. He is not happy with hogan endorsing Bailey in the primary who is running against Waugh, the incumbent. Remember, Waugh is as pro 2A as they come and is a republican and Hogan us supporting Bailey.

Therefore, we should elect a Left wing, anti-2A governor because it doesn't matter anyway, right? And while we're at it, we should withdraw any support for Republicans in the MGA and make it a 100% Dem monolith, because that doesn't matter anyway because of its supermajority, right?

Might as well just dissolve the Maryland Republican Party while we're at it, right?

I got a news flash for you...all the candidates running for Governor are left wing and anti 2A..That would include the current occupant of the Governor's Mansion..You sure know how to put words in other people's mouths..

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    No...but thanks for putting words in my mouth...I see many people here who think it's some sort of magic pill that is going to fix all the ills in the state and that's a fantasy..Just keeping it real because so many here don't...

The Left has gotten where it is today because of its incremental gains over 100 years.

Nobody here that I've seen claims that redistricting is a panacea. If I'm wrong, please cite the proof. It's just one small step undertaken by some in a long, slow slog. If it wasnt important to the Dems, they wouldn't have fooled with it in the first place, right?

But thanks for putting words in people's mouths, and for leading in the vote suppression and demoralization battle.

The Left has gotten where it is today because of its incremental gains over 100 years.

Nobody here that I've seen claims that redistricting is a panacea. If I'm wrong, please cite the proof. It's just one small step undertaken by some in a long, slow slog. If it wasnt important to the Dems, they wouldn't have fooled with it in the first place, right?

But thanks for putting words in people's mouths, and for leading in the vote suppression and demoralization battle.

Enjoy voting for your gun grabber...if you don't support the 2A why are you even here? Those of us with principles and truly support the 2A will hold our heads high on election day...the fair weather 2A supporters? not so much..

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Does that include grabbers within your party and the willingness of voters like to you to keep them in office?

Every time there's a gain, the line moves. The gun rights cake, surely you're familiar with it.

They want A, we don't want to give up A. Eventually, they get A. Time passes. They want B, we don't want to give up B. Eventually, they get B. We're so far down the line at this point that we've got Republicans, inclusive of the commander in chief (allegedly a Republican) grabbing for molded pieces of plastic that have been used in exactly one crime. One. Our governor happily followed suit, as did his party, so as to not look bad come election day.

They keep gaining, voters like you keep grinning and taking it because it was brought to you by a Republican. This is maddening.

Change or don't, but don't be surprised when your voting habits beget more of the same.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Enjoy voting for your gun grabber...if you don't support the 2A why are you even here? Those of us with principles and truly support the 2A will hold our heads high on election day...the fair weather 2A supporters? not so much..

If you can't get somebody to vote for who you want them to, the next best thing is to browbeat and discourage them from voting at all, thereby letting the other side win by default, right?

On principle.

How virtuous.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Does that include grabbers within your party and the willingness of voters like to you to keep them in office?

Every time there's a gain, the line moves. The gun rights cake, surely you're familiar with it.

They want A, we don't want to give up A. Eventually, they get A. Time passes. They want B, we don't want to give up B. Eventually, they get B. We're so far down the line at this point that we've got Republicans, inclusive of the commander in chief (allegedly a Republican) grabbing for molded pieces of plastic that have been used in exactly one crime. One. Our governor happily followed suit, as did his party, so as to not look bad come election day.

They keep gaining, voters like you keep grinning and taking it because it was brought to you by a Republican. This is maddening.

Change or don't, but don't be surprised when your voting habits beget more of the same.

This is getting sickeningly repetitive.

Name, by name, one single Democrat who I should vote for who will be better (or even less worse) than Hogan for my 2A rights.

No pious platitudes, no BS third party candidates, no protest sit-out. I'm going to vote. Tell me who to vote for and why.

Somebody WILL the the governor. Who will it be?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    This is getting sickeningly repetitive.

Name, by name, one single Democrat who I should vote for who will be better (or even less worse) than Hogan for my 2A rights.

No pious platitudes, no BS third party candidates, no protest sit-out. I'm going to vote. Tell me who to vote for and why.

Somebody WILL the the governor. Who will it be?

Vote your conscience, sir. If Hogan's grabbing is something you can overlook, vaya con dios.

All Democratic candidates for governor are gun grabbers, to my knowledge.

The Republican candidate for governor has signed gun grabbing legislation. He also presumably twisted arms in his party in an effort to appear bipartisan and therefore avoided a political hot potato this fall. Yep, our rights were inconvenient to his political future, and we got screwed. If you're OK with that, vote for him. I'm not, and I won't.

The winner of this gubernatorial election will be a grabber. I'm voting, but I'm sure as shit not voting for a grabber.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom