• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I've read the Maryland pre-emption statute and cannot recall if there was a "grand-father" clause in it for pre-existing laws. I would think not, because that would defeat the purpose. However, in this ridiculous state, who knows. I will have to read it again.

With that said, I think I made a decision this morning to swear off Baltimore City completely. I don't deal with cases in city court enough to lose sleep over passing on them. If something big enough comes along, I will revisit the issue. I just don't go to the city enough nowadays to feel comfortable with it. Hard to believe I was there almost every weekday from 1994 to 2002 and sometimes on the weekends.
    Unfortunately in my line of business it is where the money is very often. As such I spend a great deal of time in the city in mostly less than desirable areas. Usually get out no later than 2 pm each day that I have to be there.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I have not been into the city except passing through on the interstate since 2003 when I had some business to take care of. I use to go to the city frequently, I attended college in the city both day and night school, and I have had jobs in the city but I don't miss it. There is life outside the city and plenty to see and do. City free for twelve years and counting.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Arrest made. No details.

Attachments

• 5D88648C-E427-427D-859F-A92127D12BD8.jpg
      5D88648C-E427-427D-859F-A92127D12BD8.jpg
      79.5 KB · Views: 231

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I've read the Maryland pre-emption statute and cannot recall if there was a "grand-father" clause in it for pre-existing laws. I would think not, because that would defeat the purpose. However, in this ridiculous state, who knows. I will have to read it again.

Pre-emption did not nullify existing laws, it only stopped localities from making new laws

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It was a straight-up robbery...... the kid took his keys and laptop after shooting him, then tried to sell the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom