Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Browning Guy asked me to post:

7arevesa.jpg

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Windy as hell here, but it's often is calmer down the hill, however I saw leaves and stuff blowing around down there. Wind direction for scent control is perfect though unless deer are to the right of me. I'll probably go down about 2-2:30 for afternoon hunt. Probably nothing but squirrels down there though. I'll freeze my face off and get mad at the wind noise and curse coyotes for killing all the foxes...

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I'm going out in about an hour as well Foxy. Pretty windy though.... we'll see. Good luck! :thumbsup:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Good luck to all. I envy you but since I can't walk more than 1 or 200 yards I didn't bother getting my license. :sad20:

Yes, 1st deer with handgun is like getting your first all over. Amazing, the kill is just as fast as any rifle shot if hit right. :thumbsup:

Have fun and BE SAFE you guys. :)

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Was in a tree behind the house from 5:30am until about noon.
    The wind was literally roaring the entire time. Nothing but squirrels all morning.
    Ate lunch and ready to head back out. Wind has died down some, but still constant. May just still hunt the afternoon through the Hollys and Laurel to see if I can jump something up. I'm sure the deer are hunkered down waiting for the wind to die out.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    We have an unspoken rule to not shoot anything that won't score 120 and above. So today I passed up 6 bucks, one very nice 7 pt that should have been close to 120. Much wider than the ears and g2s were probably 8". Ended up with a doe lol

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    All I've seen is some damn turkeys. They want at my corn pile bad but I'm quite certain they see me. One this morning and two so far this afternoon. Trail cam had over 100 shots of the bastards. Some shots literally had a dozen turkeys. Windy as hell-must be gusting close to 40 mph.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Just came in- all I saw was a kitty cat, 2 squirrels eating corn and chasing eachother around, and had a couple little birds on top of the blind poking at something. Decided to walk a little to see if anything was bedded and might jump up, didn't see a thing. Not even many shots to be heard in the surrounding area. I did see some deer tracks and old poop. And yeah I about froze starting at about 1 hour in despite long johns and layers and gloves. I was hoping that a coyote was stalking the cat, but that didn't happen LOL ( not my cat).

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Got this guy this morning. 6 pointer, maybe not the biggest some have gotten, but that's my best so far.

Clean (high angle) lung shot, heart is undamaged - should be good eating.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom