• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I don't have the details yet, but two people have reached out to me to let me know that our founder and friend, DD214, passed away this morning.

I keep hoping that he'll respond with one of his patented remarks along the lines of, "the rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated" or something similar, but I am assured that it is not to be the case.

Don was a visionary for what has become MDShooters and never put himself into the front lines of the day to day operations, but he was the impetus behind this community and was the engine that made things run smoothly in the background.

Don was absent for a while after he handed off the operations to TexKev, and we had just reconnected after several years.

I have so much to say, but I'll suffice it to say that he was my friend, I am very sad, and that we have much gratitude for his vision, clarity and passion for what this community has become.

I haven't cried in a while, but I think I will now. Maybe I will post some things later on, but for now I am going to hoist a drink or three in his honor and memory.

Goodbye my friend.

I will post the details when I am informed of them.

GoFundMe Link for the educational fund for Don's children

https://www.gofundme.com/f/scholars...play&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is one of the fondest memories I have of Don, and this is how I picture him when I think of him.

This was from one of the now-legendary shoots that we used to host at DelMarVa with 125 shooters.

Attachments

• DSC_1676.jpg
      DSC_1676.jpg
      90.8 KB · Views: 4,245

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Norton i am so sorry to read this , if he was your friend i am sure he was a solid guy . Wish i maybe came along sooner then 2013 . If true may he rest in peace

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Sad news. Prayers for his friends and family.

Edit: I owe thanks to DD214 also. He founded this place I enjoy so much, I don’t know many of you guys personally but I feel like you are all friends. Not many online communities are as good as the people on here, DD214 deserves the credit.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Very, very sad news. RIP Don. I will pray for your families peace.

Does his family need any help?

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    This guy created an avenue to countless thousands upon thousands of hours of enjoyment, and to so many like minded people, in doing something that I wouldn't have a clue how to do. For many of us here, this forum is a part of their everyday life.

Thank You DD214! You leave behind you quite a legacy! May you Rest in Peace Sir!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Ughhhhhh, this sucks. I was happy to see him posting again recently after time off. His leadership in creating this space has been instrumental in organizing the 2a world in Maryland and beyond. I was hoping to grab a beer with him, or maybe an umbrella drink, since he seemed to be getting back into the mdshooters world. Rest in peace Don. You earned it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Terrible news to the group here. Humans may be tough, but Life is fragile. RIP Don.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    R.I.P.

DD214 / Don

So young so tragic. I hate acute medical things.

/Salute :patriot:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Completely shocking, making it all the more terrible.

Thank you for creating a space for countless like minded individuals to share knowledge, stories and support.

Rest in peace DD-214/Don.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom