• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • python

Apr 15, 2010
    I know my handgun preferences are at odds with those of many forum members, but I couldn't resist showing off something that I just picked up. This is pure gun making art from 1939, and will never be produced again. The revolver is a S&W K-22 Outdoorsman. The level of fit and finish is amazing. The pictures don't really do it justice. It is easily a 99% gun. It's all original. All numbers match and the mechanics are perfect. I can certainly appreciate the modern guns of today, but I have real affinity for this old stuff.

Attachments

• 20210220_150722~2.jpg
      20210220_150722~2.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 286
    • 20210220_150655~2.jpg
      20210220_150655~2.jpg
      30.6 KB · Views: 275

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    Nice, very nice. I'm like you- the old stuff is waaaay cooler than the modern black tacticool stuff which has its place, I guess, just not in my hands.

I have a couple K's from the 40's- a .22 and a .38. Both shoot like young rifles. Colts and Smiths from the 30's are my favorites though. Currently looking for a Colt Officer's .32, or heaven forbid, a K-32 to with the .22 and .38.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Why do you think your handgun preferences are at odds with many members here?

Just because there are so many posts on the virtues of plastic guns (which I largely DO agree with) and very few, comparatively speaking, about classic iron. Just my observation, not a dig on anyone's preferences.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Just because there are so many posts on the virtues of plastic guns (which I largely DO agree with) and very few, comparatively speaking, about classic iron. Just my observation, not a dig on anyone's preferences.

I know the feeling. I like wood and blue steel, but not adverse to stainless. My favorite grips on most handguns is wood. Took me about 7 years to find modern materials with friction and feel I prefer.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Jump back to 1977. My uncle found a k22 in perfect condition and purchased it for my moms sister, his new wife

That weekend we were shooting from the deck of the house at various targets, cans, walnuts, milk jugs etc

We were shooting all kinds of guns old snd new and new to us

Presently I picked up the k22 and called my target, a gumball at the very top of the driveway behind the house about 75 yards away

Bang, the gumball jumps outta sight

So I call another gumball up top there and my uncle says if you can hug two gumball s up there with that pistol it’s yours

Bang, gumball disappears. He walks over just as my aunt is kicking the back door open snd hollaring “ did you just lose my gun!!??”

He looked at me and said for fvcked sake boy go get any other gun in the house and take it

I laughed snd let him off the hook

That comes up a few times a year every year since

Good memories

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm with you about the older steel, thes are just some of mine. Granted, they're not nearly as elegant as your K-22 but I love 'em all!

What's not to love? Great examples of the gunmakers' art, which sadly, for the most part is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom