• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I'm in process of building a SBR and was about to buy another ACS-L but thought maybe there was something better I was missing. So what's everyone running nowadays? I have ACS-L, SOPMOD, CTR and basic 6 position stocks already but the ACS-L is my favorite.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    If you don't mind the weight the Magpul UBR is really nice. I love the VLtor A5 stock too. or you could go the other route and be a minimalist and run the BATTLELINK.

Seen the battlelink, never shot one. I'm big on large cheek weld, are they nice to shoot? Look pretty skinny.

The BCM gunfighter looks interesting.

Alphawaves

Apr 3, 2020
    Maryland
    Seen the battlelink, never shot one. I'm big on large cheek weld, are they nice to shoot? Look pretty skinny.

The BCM gunfighter looks interesting.

the battlelink is very thin actually. so if you like a wide cheek weld you would want the VLTOR or the UBR or similar.

the Battlelink is very light and simple.

I mean I have a sig MPX with the standard stock that has two metal bars and a super small stock attached. so I guess I just try to make whatever I have work. However, I did just replace that sig stock with something better because that was the hardest to shoot with.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    The BCM is very durable but lacks any storage for folks (like me) who like to keep a battery or foam earplugs stored in them.

I really like the Vltor imod and emod stocks the best. They can pull bears hairs. But they are durable, have storage and are modular. Their curved butt pad is also nice.

B5 sopmod is very similar to the BCM stock.

I like the magpul stocks that have the tensioning lock system that keeps them from rattling. I hate the rattling. I don’t recall all their designations but the CTR is pretty solid offering storage and the locking system.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I have an Vltor EMOD I'm planning to list in the classified. I installed it and decided to go in a different direction. It's problematic for a bearded guy. Will post it in the classified section soon.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have a battlelink, really light, balances tiny SBR barrels and lightweight builds well, locks up tight, and slim profile.

MOE SL are my go-to stock for most carbines, slim, simple, and comfortable.
    The ACS series are too bulky/heavy IMO, and in the longer/ heavier rifles where that wouldn't be a big deal, I like a heavier stock with a fixed cheek peice anyway.

For fixed stocks, it
    's hard to neat the MOE rifle stock, slim, comfortable, and well built, have had 0 problems on a 3 gun rifle I built with one several years ago, only downside is you need to add expensive QD sockets if you want to run a QD sling.

Have a UBR2 that I really like, it looks awesome, locks up like a fixed stock, and is A5 compatible. It is awesome for balancing heavier SPR or AR10s where you want an adjustable stock, and something a bit simpler and more mobile than the PRS, but need it to be solid and balance out a heavy barrel. It's pricey, but worth it, allows A5 buffers in AR15s, or standard buffers in AR10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom