• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larre

Sep 29, 2013
    I know that the 9mm UZI carbine is banned by statute, but the banned list doesn't say anything about other calibers... and the carbines do seem to meet the other MD restrictions (such OAL), but maybe I missed something. I have asked my local FFL dealer and he does not know of any reason why an IWI UZI carbine in a caliber other than 9mm is OK in Maryland, but I wanted to double check with some of you experts on the forum. Can any of you fine folks verify that, say for example, an IWI UZI in .45ACP is MD legal...?

Thanks!

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    45 acp is not enumerated (neither is .41ae or .40sw) but you are going have difficulty finding reliable 45acp mags. Oem 45 mags are stupid expensive. Look for a vector grip frame that's been covered to take grease gun mags. If you are talented with a welder you can get a Mac10 magwell and weld it to the Uzi trigger box. I have one on my workbench that needs finishing.

You can go to troy at barrelxchange to get your alternate caliber kits.

Larre

Sep 29, 2013
    OK, great! Thanks to everyone for the links and discussion... I do appreciate the feedback. This is exactly the kind of information that I was looking for!

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    45 acp is not enumerated (neither is .41ae or .40sw) but you are going have difficulty finding reliable 45acp mags. Oem 45 mags are stupid expensive. Look for a vector grip frame that's been covered to take grease gun mags. If you are talented with a welder you can get a Mac10 magwell and weld it to the Uzi trigger box. I have one on my workbench that needs finishing.

You can go to troy at barrelxchange to get your alternate caliber kits.

I welded one up for my UZI. Works great. Even if factory mags were cheaper, they still only hold 16 rounds. Grease gun conversion definitely the way to go.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Figure out how much you can spend each month, then go to your Bank, take out a personnel lone (tell them it's for a vacation or something similar if asked) then go buy a Full Auto UZI, Then you'll have something, any you will have it mostly payed off by the time the form4 comes back and when you sell years from now you'll make a POT FULL of $$$$
    I've doneit several times, Stop crying over Semi Auto you can't have,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom