Palmetto State Armory buying a complete lower?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    AimSurplus said no Lower Receiver to MD for any AR Platforms... even unrestricted ones....:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54:

maddogthegreatest

Nov 19, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It looks like PSA change their restriction on their lower receivers. ;)
    Only Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to Maryland...

Stripped lower receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
    - Connecticut
    - Massachusetts

Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
    - Connecticut
    - Maryland
    - Massachusetts
    - New Jersey
    - New York

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It looks like PSA change their restriction on their lower receivers. ;)
    Only Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to Maryland...

Stripped lower receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
    - Connecticut
    - Massachusetts

Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
    - Connecticut
    - Maryland
    - Massachusetts
    - New Jersey
    - New York
    Progress. Good to learn.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

EKing

NRA Benefactor
    Aug 12, 2016
    Sykesville
    PSA

I was in their store 3 days ago to look around. Friendly people, decent selection of guns and parts. When I asked them about firearm sales, they consulted a list of prohibited states. Maryland is on their list of about 10 or 12 states that they won't sell firearms to.
    I don't know if that is South Carolina law, or just company policy; but they will not sell directly to residents of the states on their list.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Going to ask Monday about PSA. Never had issue getting lowers, including complete lowers from PSA. Bought at least 6 in September and all complete lowers...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    As most know PSA will still ship to MD dealers. I receive them regularly. They did recently have me sign some form of a non-liability agreement that they keep on file to cover them in case a lawsuit.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As most know PSA will still ship to MD dealers. I receive them regularly. They did recently have me sign some form of a non-liability agreement that they keep on file to cover them in case a lawsuit.

I think what pisses most people off about PSA is 'they'll do this...but they won't do that. You can have this...but you can't have that...' attitude.

People around here either love them or hate them. Since there are so many other options, I choose(as do many others) not to do business with them.

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    I think what pisses most people off about PSA is 'they'll do this...but they won't do that. You can have this...but you can't have that...' attitude.

People around here either love them or hate them. Since there are so many other options, I choose(as do many others) not to do business with them.

I am with you there. They also will change their policy on a whim. My rep tells me it has to do with the owner. When sales are slow they decide to sell to MD and other states. When they are good then we are not good enough.

TheDonMD

Mar 18, 2013
    HoCo
    I am with you there. They also will change their policy on a whim. My rep tells me it has to do with the owner. When sales are slow they decide to sell to MD and other states. When they are good then we are not good enough.

I like Tombstone Tactical's philosophy.

"We ship anywhere in the United States, including those states with ignorant laws."

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Yeah - I use to buy from them; like I said, it's just easier to find a local vendor even if if it's a couple of bucks more. And sometimes the local vendor does just as well or better (cough - JLowes).

ricanmd

Dec 23, 2012
    Westminster MD
    KS-47 Lower

Just ordered a KS-47 stripped lower and it could not have been easier. They even had my FFL on file and I was able to choose them during checkout. Showed up at my FFL a week later.

My only problem with them is less then a week later they had the same lower on sale and they would not give me the sale price. They said their policy is that they cannot honor a sale price once the item shipped.:mad54::mad54::mad54:

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    So, this is what my sales contact at PSA sent me on this today.

"We are selling to FFL holders only, and they must sign a disclaimer document placing the burden of complying with local/state law on the FFL dealer." Seeing how as an FFL I have to do that already, I had no issue with disclaimer document.

I did send follow-up email to clarify that this only applied to BATF controlled items.

Just ordered a KS-47 stripped lower and it could not have been easier. They even had my FFL on file and I was able to choose them during checkout. Showed up at my FFL a week later.

My only problem with them is less then a week later they had the same lower on sale and they would not give me the sale price. They said their policy is that they cannot honor a sale price once the item shipped.:mad54::mad54::mad54:

Friend just got his stripped KS-47 lower as well, through an IP on here, who was also surprised it made it through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom