• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    NRA Range Safety Officer Certification Course

This class is being offered in two blocks on Thursday April 9th & Thursday April 16th from 6pm-10:30pm.

Instructor: Charles "Chuck" Aquilla, CRSO, Chief Instructor TeamHouse Training

The IOTA Training Center
    11410 Marriottsville Road
    Marriottsville, MD 21104

1/4 mile north of the AGC range facility in Marriottsville, MD

COST: $75.00 ( MDS, AGC, BSA members get 10% discount)

Develops NRA Certified Range Safety Officers with the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.

This course is nine hours long and is conducted in a classroom and at a shooting facility. Range Safety Officer candidates will learn roles and responsibilities of an RSO; Range Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); range inspection; range rules; range briefings; emergency procedures; and firearm stoppages and malfunctions. Each Range Safety Officer Candidate will receive an RSO Student Study Guide, a Basic Firearm Training Program brochure, an NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure and a Course Evaluation form.

To register:

NRA Portal
    http://nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx

OR

TeamHouse Website
    https://teamhousetraining.com/Registration_Page.html

If you want additional info PM at this forum or Contact Us at: https://teamhousetraining.com/Contact_Us_.html

Limited seats available: 5 remaining

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Sheesh, price is right for sure! I'm doing mine on the 18th with the board of directors at our gun club, were getting smoked price wise......

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Would jump on this in a heart beat if not around tax time. Owe wants his share!!

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    HATE that I work nights right now! This is one of my top ten to take classes. What's the latest I can register? I may try to take off for this.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    It's a course I recommend to almost anyone, and I am sure Chuck does a great job preparing you to be a safer, more knowledgeable shooter and to help ensure the safety of those around you.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    HATE that I work nights right now! This is one of my top ten to take classes. What's the latest I can register? I may try to take off for this.

Currently there are 4 seats remaining. The NRA portal shows the 1st as the last day, but... It really is about logistics, as long as the last seat isn't 'sold' the last day would be Wednesday April 8th.

-Chuck

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Currently there are 4 seats remaining. The NRA portal shows the 1st as the last day, but... It really is about logistics, as long as the last seat isn't 'sold' the last day would be Wednesday April 8th.

-Chuck

Thanks! I won't see my boss until Tuesday so ill check the NRA site an see what they have slotted then.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Unfortunately I can't attend. I looked at your shcedule and dont see this listed again. Can you say if you plan to have this class again since it's not listed?

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    Unfortunately I can't attend. I looked at your shcedule and dont see this listed again. Can you say if you plan to have this class again since it's not listed?

We will run this class again, the timing is uncertain. This session was an off spring from an overbooked unlisted class. If you would like an email for it, fill out the 'contact us' tab at the website.

If there is sufficient interest, 5 or more, here in the forum we can work to schedule something...

-Chuck

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    I might be mistaken but if it's RSO training certification from the NRA, I'm pretty sure you have to first be an NRA Certified Insteuctor in at least one discipline. Has this changed recently?

True if you want to take the course online from the NRA HQ. Not the case if you take the course live from an NRA instructor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom