• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    I reload all my target ammo but purchase my SD ammo. Each time I go to the range I shoot target ammo but finish up with SD ammo.

Is it just me or does SD ammo seem more expensive than ever? Even basic JHP ammo (like Winchester) is about $0.50 per round for 9mm and $0.75 per round for 45acp. I think reloading has spoiled me on the cost of ammo.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I reload all my target ammo but purchase my SD ammo. Each time I go to the range I shoot target ammo but finish up with SD ammo.

Is it just me or does SD ammo seem more expensive than ever? Even basic JHP ammo (like Winchester) is about $0.50 per round for 9mm and $0.75 per round for 45acp. I think reloading has spoiled me on the cost of ammo.

These are not the ammo costs you are looking for...

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Higher tier SD ammo ammo has been pretty expensive for some time now. Those 20 and 25 round boxes of the premium performance stuff are not cheap. But basic FMJ and HP commercial 9mm ammo can be found for well under $20 per box. I don't buy a lot of .45ACP, but my recollection is about $25 a box for plain jane ammo. The sky's the limit for the fancy stuff.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Look online for vendors that sell ad ammo packed for LEO in 50 round boxes. TDS in NH as I recall used to have 50 round boxes of jHP for under $35.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Look online for vendors that sell ad ammo packed for LEO in 50 round boxes. TDS in NH as I recall used to have 50 round boxes of jHP for under $35.

This.

The overpriced local small-box SD ammo is literally the same as going to a convenience store and overpaying for some food item you need late at night.

Buy online, from someone like SGAmmo (assuming they ship to MD). There are lots of online vendors selling LEO overstock, as mentioned by BIFF_N.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    My SD for both 9mm and .380 is close to a buck a round. Someone on these forums suggested buying a box a month (of 20) to shoot and rotating the ammo. Shoot how you train, train for how you shoot.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    Thanks for the recommendations. Yesterday I purchase some 50 round boxes of 9mm and 45acp jhp at Sportman's Guide at an ok price. Next time I'll check out SGAmmo - their prices look good.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    I buy online with HD ammo, usually in bulk. Love getting govt overuns for half the price of commercial.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Absolutely not. Stock up whenever you can I prolly have more hd ammo than I do fmj at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom