• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    AIM Polish Tok (New pics added)

This arrived about an hour ago, WOW! I could not have asked for more. Not a scratch on it, looks new. I'll take better pics later in the week.
    IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG

Last edited:

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    I was having about the crappiest day I've had all year, and suddenly it all got better when a man dressed in brown knocked at my door, happily interrupting dinner. He gave me a box with this inside :)

203s.jpg

205s.jpg

It looks unissued and unfired. The barrel is pristine. I really like the actual functioning safety (not that I'd rely on it), as opposed to the abomination that came with the M57's, and the serrations on the slide look more like the original Russian TT-33.

I'm very happy, and actually wish I'd ordered a second one. I may make my wish come true later this week, if there are any left :)

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    They're fun to shoot. Took both of mine to AGC today & had lots of fun.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Very nice! Are those supposed to be the best versions of the Tokarev?

Lots of different opinions, so it depends who you ask.

The Russians (TT33) are certainly the most collectible, but 'way pricey.

The Poles are really nice, and probably come in second ... but maybe tied with some others.

I think the Romanian Toks are generally as well-made as the Poles, but the Pole may be just a smidge better finished, as a whole.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Lots of different opinions, so it depends who you ask.

The Russians (TT33) are certainly the most collectible, but 'way pricey.

The Poles are really nice, and probably come in second ... but maybe tied with some others.

I think the Romanian Toks are generally as well-made as the Poles, but the Pole may be just a smidge better finished, as a whole.

Where do the Yugo's come in? I like the safety placement better on those.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Y'all scored some fine examples. They should be fun shooters. :thumbsup:

The TT-33 design is nice from all the countries that produced them - and each is a little different. Too bad the imports have unsightly and basically useless safeties bubba'd onto them along with billboard import marks. But it is what it is.

I don't (yet) have a Russian, but adding a Zastava M70A in 9mm to the herd was a good choice a few months back.

One cannot have too many Toks.

:)

Attachments

• Tok Family Four (02).jpg
      Tok Family Four (02).jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 319

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    I am also very happy with my 1952 vintage Polish TTC Tokarev. I just opened up the box, and I was pleasantly surprised, it appears unissued.:D

Aim has been very good to me now, and in the past with C&R purchases.

If my Tok shoots as good as it looks, I will be very pleased, I can't wait to go to the range this weekend!:)

tok2.jpg

tok1.jpg

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Those look great! Except for the damn CAI paragraph. I really want a Tok but boy is ammo expensive right now. Congrats on the new acquisition.

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    Those look great! Except for the damn CAI paragraph. I really want a Tok but boy is ammo expensive right now. Congrats on the new acquisition.

Agreed.

I was also concerned about the price of 7.62x25 ammo, so I did a gunbot search last weekend before I ordered the Tok. I found Wideners had Prvi Partizan Tok food for $17.50 for a box of 50, that seemed like a decent price, so I ordered the Tok and loaded up on the ammo. Wideners shipped fast, the ammo arrived Tuesday.

Wideners is now sold out but you can ask them to email you when it is available again. Here is the link.

https://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18|829|843

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom