• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VikingFan65

Apr 19, 2013
    Howard County
    All,
    Has anyone found a recoil pad that works with the SAM7 side folder?

I would like a little more length on the stock. Also, the metal side folder likes to leave little lines on the shoulder.

Thanks!

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    try these

Attachments

• maxi.jpg
      maxi.jpg
      11.1 KB · Views: 1,530

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I went hunting for a pad for my SAM7SF too. I wasn't specifically worried about recoil reduction - I was more just looking for a cheap way to add a little length of pull because I'm a big guy (6'4").

Here is what I ended up with:

http://www.urbanertslings.com/recoil-pad-for-ak-type-rifles/

It fits the end of the folding stock perfectly and there is a little velcro strap to keep it on there.

Good: It is very comfortable (you will run through your ammo budget a whole lot faster than you run out of shoulder), it does extend the LOP a bit and it is one of the only pads that will fit. I haven't beaten it up, but it seems durable and unlikely to fall apart anytime soon.

Bad: You cannot lock the stock in the folded position with it on there - it can only be used when the stock is extended. So you have to pull it off if/when you want the stock folded.

It is not hard to put it on or off, but if you are constantly folding and unfolding yours for transport to the range or whatever, that is a small downside. It doesn't really bother me. I like that it fits both the side folder and my regular stock AK, so I can add a little LOP to either gun pretty easily. It doesn't add a huge amount to the LOP - so on the shorter, Warsaw length stock of my other AK, I kind of wish it was even longer than it is. But I've been happy with it on the SAM7SF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom