• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Oh, I forgot! Awesome folks on the bow range too! They have guys shooting everything from long bows to high-end compounds. They are always willing to teach too! Helped me make a string for my grandfather's recurve!

Very fun 3-D range too!

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I will say, more and more (especially with nice weather) a group of seemingly random MD students has been taking up close to half the range. On numerous occasions I've witnessed, members have had to wait for other lanes to open because of it. They can also be a little loud and foul mouthed for my liking. I also do not appreciate them trying out their buck shot on the pistol lane next to me while I am using my Glock...
    Im one of those random students. Whenever somebody comes we try to condense so we take up as few tables as possible. I have been there when we noticed we were making a member wait so we cleaned up a table as quick as we could for the person. Whenever I have been there I dont think I've ever seen one of us with a shotgun let alone using buckshot.
    I think I will be there this Sunday as a member's guest, if you are there come say hi. I will have an M39 mosin and a beard.
    Note: Eye protection was only off for the picture and the gun was empty.
    M39_zpsf94d3ebe.jpg

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Rifle/Pistol range is nice, has some very knowledgeable/helpful shooters. They do require two range days and a small fee, but its well worth it to shoot whenever you want. I will say, more and more (especially with nice weather) a group of seemingly random MD students has been taking up close to half the range. On numerous occasions I've witnessed, members have had to wait for other lanes to open because of it. They can also be a little loud and foul mouthed for my liking. I also do not appreciate them trying out their buck shot on the pistol lane next to me while I am using my Glock...

Yeah, that would be us. BCC-IWLA sponsors the UMD Rifle & Pistol Club. I as well as my vice president (he's also an RO) are both members there, and we usually bring no more than our four guests each. Whenever we need to exceed that, we notify Chris and he comes help. The leadership of the club consists of gun owners who are used to being on a shooting range, but we also bring along a lot of college students who have never shot a gun before or have very little experience shooting. I agree, it can be quite annoying supervising them sometimes. No matter how much we talk to them about safety and range etiquette, we always have to watch them.

We try to condense down whenever someone needs a lane. Definitely ask. Sometimes we forget or might not see that a member is waiting.

I remember when that buckshot accidentally got used. I believe it was back in May. One of my guys grabbed a random box of slugs from his dad. In the box, there were a few buckshot shells for some reason. After we noticed that his target had a bunch of tiny holes in it, we told him. He checked his shells, and then made sure to only shoot the slugs.

I'll be out there on Sunday too. I'm the Asian guy with a bunch of M1's. I'm trying to get as much shooting in as I can in the next few weeks before it warms up again and I have to babysit college students.

gutshootem

Feb 27, 2013
    Calvert
    Anyone know if there is any way to get around attending the Wednesday night meetings to join the Poolsville chapter? I remember looking into joining a while ago but was turned off by having to use my vacation time to attend the meetings because I work second shift. I'd be more than happy to help out on the weekends if possible, just don't want to burn up my vacation days.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Anyone know if there is any way to get around attending the Wednesday night meetings to join the Poolsville chapter? I remember looking into joining a while ago but was turned off by having to use my vacation time to attend the meetings because I work second shift. I'd be more than happy to help out on the weekends if possible, just don't want to burn up my vacation days.

No, I don't think there is. I asked the same thing, because for two semesters I had Wednesday classes or work that prevented me from going.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I realize it may be a pain but it really is worth the effort to just come out and attend the few meetings that are required as it gives everybody a chance to meet and or find out about other activities you may be interested in. B CC has been my retreat from the rat race and hope you get a chance to come out and experience it for your self.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom