• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I figure this is a good section for this. A little back information...I own land in my home state of Idaho but due to military obligations I was out of the area for 20yrs I recently (Sept, 2012) got back to the area...now I basically have to reclaim MY land:sad20:. Sept 2012 I had game camera stole of my property...:mad54: so 2013 I was in there a lot, cutting firewood clearing property boundary etc and I put a deer blind on there and numerous no trespassing/no hunting signs tacked on plywood backed "sign holder".

Fast Fwd to yesterday...I was walking the perimeter of my property getting an estimate on getting brush cleared...I notice one of my signs is ripped off but not the plywood backing.:sad20::mad54: So now I have a couple ideas of making a Plexiglass covered metal sign that I can bolt to a tree...I am planning on fabricating a game camera box so I can bolt it to a tree and point it towards the sign so I can possibly catch the "perps" . Any other suggestions? I don't live on my property is part of the problem. I have a couple people that live close by that possibly would do this...but I need some game cam photo's/video so I can hem them up...Sorry this is lengthy

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    Put a cheap or broken game came in a very conspicuous spot then put a working camera in a tree above the other camera, well hidden. They steal the cheap camera and you get their pic with the other one.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I had a similar problem on my property. After a year of being on the property more often, most of that activity stopped.

These are the signs I use:

http://www.postedsign.com/

They are AWESOME! A little pricier than a roll, but well, well worth it in my mind. I nail them into trees and give the sign an inch of slack for tree growth. After a year, have only had one sign ripped down, and the person had to physically break the sign around the two holes to get it down. None of the other 150+ signs seem to have been touched (knock on wood). You can screw them in 6 different locations if you're really concerned. Last thing you want is to be in an Adverse Possession (squatter's rights) suit.

Best property management decision I've made with the property though was renting out hunting rights to a well respected person in the local community a few months ago. The farm is 5 minutes from his house so he drives by it twice a day to check for deer/trespassers. He takes care of the property like its his own. I still retain hunting rights to take my friends and family out as well. It works very very well. This plan isn't for everyone, but it works well for me.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Forgot to mention, the site will send you a product sample if you're interested in a big order (I ordered 250 or something). I ordered half yellow, half orange and try to stagger the colors.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I would not sweat it at all, I had the same problems for 20 yrs myself, now that I am on the property a week or two every month all the local silly ness has stopped.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    Wow I need to get my glasses checked. I thought those pretty signs said "Welcome Hunters". lol.

Just spending more time on your property the guys will get the hint. Good luck.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I had a similar problem on my property. After a year of being on the property more often, most of that activity stopped.

These are the signs I use:

http://www.postedsign.com/

They are AWESOME! A little pricier than a roll, but well, well worth it in my mind. I nail them into trees and give the sign an inch of slack for tree growth. After a year, have only had one sign ripped down, and the person had to physically break the sign around the two holes to get it down. None of the other 150+ signs seem to have been touched (knock on wood). You can screw them in 6 different locations if you're really concerned. Last thing you want is to be in an Adverse Possession (squatter's rights) suit.

Best property management decision I've made with the property though was renting out hunting rights to a well respected person in the local community a few months ago. The farm is 5 minutes from his house so he drives by it twice a day to check for deer/trespassers. He takes care of the property like its his own. I still retain hunting rights to take my friends and family out as well. It works very very well. This plan isn't for everyone, but it works well for me.

Thanks for the link I'll check into it.

I have the Tyvek signs right now. I have a couple broke cameras I can put up for decoys:D

I think it may be the one idiot I told to stay off my property... apart from the trespassing part its really irritating because there are thousands of acres around my property and whoever these idiots are want to trespass on my 8 acres:mad54::sad20::sad20:

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Putting a gate or two up or some simple wire fence would get the point across.

Make your property less appealing than the property around it.

otisthedrnk

Feb 12, 2013
    Unknowingly if the perps would be kind and forward, before they tore your sh** up you may have granted permission. the worst you could say is NO

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Thanks for the link I'll check into it.

I have the Tyvek signs right now. I have a couple broke cameras I can put up for decoys:D

I think it may be the one idiot I told to stay off my property... apart from the trespassing part its really irritating because there are thousands of acres around my property and whoever these idiots are want to trespass on my 8 acres:mad54::sad20::sad20:

If the broken cameras go missing then you know it's SOMDSHOOTER cause you never mailed the broken cameras to him! Case solved and your welcome.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Unknowingly if the perps would be kind and forward, before they tore your sh** up you may have granted permission. the worst you could say is NO

yeah, I did let couple people go in there when I wasn't living in the area...but I had to put a end to that because they were running around like idiots on my property...pushing out deer...could be the same idiot/s tearing up my stuff...they are about the worst whitetail deer hunters I know... now its a mission to catch them in the act and or keep them off my land:mad54:

Im trying to get some brush cleared this year...bout 2 acres so I can plant a food plot...Ive been thinking of getting my climbing stand and going up about 25feet and set up a camera pointed down towards where my sign will be.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Putting a gate or two up or some simple wire fence would get the point across.

Make your property less appealing than the property around it.

I need to put up a permanent gate...I only have one road coming in and I put a cable across the road. Where they came in is on the fenced side but its smashed down right now because of trees falling on it....I have to go up sometime when the weather clears and cut some more trees that fell on the fence since it started snowing. I can barely walk through there again...That's the other thing...theres a whole mountain side that is open/paper company land...and these idiots want to go traipsing around my 8 acres

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Put a cheap or broken game came in a very conspicuous spot then put a working camera in a tree above the other camera, well hidden. They steal the cheap camera and you get their pic with the other one.

:)

Attachments

• trailcam.jpg
      trailcam.jpg
      78.2 KB · Views: 828

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    :lol2:
    Option #2 'might' get you a visit from the MSP

Last year some friends I know called the sherrif on an old guy that lives 3lots down from my property...the lady that called the sherrif told him that the old guy open carry's...the sheriff chuckled and said well this IS Idaho:D I chuckled as well.

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    I suggest mounting your No Tresspass signs slightly out of reach. That is what I do, although my land is pretty steep. Same with your game cameras. They don't need to be 25 feet up. They just need to be out of reach unless someone is standing on a step stool or ladder.

Do you know where they are coming in on you at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom