• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    If its a mil spec lower, or will take standard AR mags - that tool should work. I have one of those blocks, and they work well, especially for building a lower. I mounted mine on a piece of 2x6, and use a body panel vice grips to clamp it on to a table.

The directions will tell you to clip off the "tabs" on the bottom of that tool to mount it on a bench (VS mounting it on a Tipton Best Gun Vise) You do not have to cut off those tabs, if drill countersink holes underneath where the mounting bolts go through.

Last edited:

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    Thanks, this is my first ar so I'm a newbie to this platform lol I believe a DPMS will only accept certain mags like magpul and will not accept armalite mags. Just want to make sure it would work before I buy it.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    If its your first build, for a another $60 more you can get a Wheel Delta Series, AR Essentials kit.

You will get that mag block tool, a gas tube aligner, AR wrench with bits (including the bit to mount an A2 buttstock without stripping the screw), torque wrench, pivot pin installation tool, upper & lower retaining rods for cleaning, and an upper reciever vice block for building uppers. It also comes in a small duffel bag. Its a better value IMHO.

brandofire

Jul 4, 2013
    SOMD
    Someone who purchased it commented it does not fit an Armalite lower. I would assume (I know, I know) that it fits a DPMS lower. When I built my AR-15 I just used a delrin block.

Like this - http://www.amazon.com/AR15-Lower-Re...d=1387141748&sr=1-1&keywords=ar+15+vise+block

Couldn't find one on Amazon like that.

Price sucks but it was the first one I found

http://www.jsesurplus.com/dpms308lowerreceiverviceblock.aspx

I can't vouch for this website. Never bought anything from them. In this case I would say google is your friend, and Amazon is usually good on returns

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    Thanks guys. I went to BP today and actually found one, the only one, mixed in with the ar 15 ones. Works great in my DPMS SASS.:thumbsup: While I was there I bought one for my 1911 also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom