Any Hunters Own Semi-Autos? Better Read This...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    I've learned over the years that not everyone who hunts in Maryland is aware of, or involved in, the continuous battle we face in Maryland to preserve our 2nd Amendment right. If you're not aware of what's going on at the state legislative level, read the letter below I received today, in response to my letter opposing the pending Assault Weapons Ban in Maryland:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Senator Ron Young’s office regarding your position on gun control laws. He recognizes the seriousness of this issue and the impact it is having on our local community, as well as our nation.

Senator Young believes very strongly that private citizens should be prohibited from possessing automatic and semi-automatic weapons. Additionally, the Senator feels that gun shows as well as retail outlets that sell firearms should be held to the same strict criteria regarding to whom these weapons may be sold.

I will make sure Senator Young receives a copy of your email so he can review your comments firsthand.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your views regarding this grave issue facing our nation.

Best Regards,

Caitlin Dunn
    Constituent Aide
    Senator Ronald Young
    District 3, Frederick and Washington Counties

If you're not already engaged in the fight to preserve our 2A rights, come on over to the "Maryland 2A Issues" Forum, read up, and join the ranks. We can use all the help we can get.

If you've never written or contacted your representatives before, there are helpful threads on the Forum to help you get started. Or shoot me a PM, I'm happy to help anyone who wants to get involved.

It's now or never in Maryland, guys and gals - we've never faced the assault on our rights that we're gonna face this year.

machman1967

Aug 30, 2009
    Frederick
    Wow, last time I checked I thought elected officials were supposed to 'represent' the wants and needs of the people and not what they believe. What a effin crock.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Wow, last time I checked I thought elected officials were supposed to 'represent' the wants and needs of the people and not what they believe. What a effin crock.

bingo... but seems some forget they work for the people not vice versa..

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I've learned over the years that not everyone who hunts in Maryland is aware of, or involved in, the continuous battle we face in Maryland to preserve our 2nd Amendment right. If you're not aware of what's going on at the state legislative level, read the letter below I received today, in response to my letter opposing the pending Assault Weapons Ban in Maryland:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Senator Ron Young’s office regarding your position on gun control laws. He recognizes the seriousness of this issue and the impact it is having on our local community, as well as our nation.

Senator Young believes very strongly that private citizens should be prohibited from possessing automatic and semi-automatic weapons. Additionally, the Senator feels that gun shows as well as retail outlets that sell firearms should be held to the same strict criteria regarding to whom these weapons may be sold.

I will make sure Senator Young receives a copy of your email so he can review your comments firsthand.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your views regarding this grave issue facing our nation.

Best Regards,

Caitlin Dunn
    Constituent Aide
    Senator Ronald Young
    District 3, Frederick and Washington Counties

If you're not already engaged in the fight to preserve our 2A rights, come on over to the "Maryland 2A Issues" Forum, read up, and join the ranks. We can use all the help we can get.

If you've never written or contacted your representatives before, there are helpful threads on the Forum to help you get started. Or shoot me a PM, I'm happy to help anyone who wants to get involved.

It's now or never in Maryland, guys and gals - we've never faced the assault on our rights that we're gonna face this year.

And this idiot represents Washington and Frederick Counties?

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Sounds like he thinks he represents Fudds and criminals to me. People in his district need to bombard him with facts and tell him they don't go for that anti gun crap.

MentalSquint

Can't Stomp Us Out
    Dec 6, 2007
    Frederick
    I don't care for either him or his son. Blaines making sure we have no land to hunt on with shameless urban sprawl, Rons making sure we have no funds from the Pittman-Robertson act to finance any decent programs, or apparently guns to hunt with.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Hunters need to understand that politicians can call their hunting rifles "Deadly Sniper Guns" just as easily as they call semi-automatic rifles "Assault Rifles" and they can ban hunting rifles too.
    Remember, most hunting rifles shoot a much more powerful cartridge than the AR-15 does and they are able to kill at even greater distances!
    They will bring that fact up as soon as they ban AR-15's.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Sounds like he thinks he represents Fudds and criminals to me. People in his district need to bombard him with facts and tell him they don't go for that anti gun crap.

The word "Fudd" or "Fudds" is tossed around a lot on here. So I looked it up and found this definition.

Fudd

A slur against "casual" and/or non-militant gun owners, employed by pro-gun extremists. Derived from the Warner Bros. cartoon character, Elmer Fudd, it implies that anyone who does not carry an assault weapon, militarize their hunting & shooting practice, belong to a militia, and/or advocate for the same with fanatical zeal, is somehow stupid, incompetent with their weapon, and out of touch. Essentially, this allows the extremists to marginalize and discount any gun user who isn't crazy.

Interesting huh? If us Fudds aren't going to help you support the 2A. You are in deep Kakaa...

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV

Here's another good point. These officials/representatives are voting on feelings and emotions, abandoning the laws of the land. They're so capricious!
    They're nothing like the Founders of this country.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The word "Fudd" or "Fudds" is tossed around a lot on here. So I looked it up and found this definition.

Fudd

A slur against "casual" and/or non-militant gun owners, employed by pro-gun extremists. Derived from the Warner Bros. cartoon character, Elmer Fudd, it implies that anyone who does not carry an assault weapon, militarize their hunting & shooting practice, belong to a militia, and/or advocate for the same with fanatical zeal, is somehow stupid, incompetent with their weapon, and out of touch. Essentially, this allows the extremists to marginalize and discount any gun user who isn't crazy.

Interesting huh? If us Fudds aren't going to help you support the 2A. You are in deep Kakaa...

That sounds like it was written on purpose to be divisive.. maybe even by an anti.

I think those who actually use the term would define it as something like:

A person who owns only firearms commonly viewed as used for hunting, and is either unconcerned about or actively supports legislation to ban handguns and/or modern sporting rifles, commonly referred to as 'scary assault weapons'.

or in short form,

Long as I get to keep mine, you can take all the rest.

As illustrated by the above letter... after assault rifles come all other semi-autos... then the lever-actions and revolvers and bolts higher than single-shot... then all the rest.

Mr "I own two shotguns" Biden would qualify as a Fudd.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Please don't use the term "Fudd". We need everyone on our side and do t need to divide the gun community.

I'm forwarding the Senator's letter to my elected officials.

Speaking of terms we should be using, "elected official" & "politician" should be out... "EMPLOYEE" should be used

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom