• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Picked up final harvests yesterday from Clints.
    2 does in the final week of archery. I decided to do sausage, kielbasa balogna (not shown) and snack sticks this time. Gave a bunch of the meat to my buddy who owns the land I hunted on for these harvests. I normally ground everything for tacos, hamburger helper and chili in the winter/spring.

EDIT: I also do my own Jerky one bag at a time in a dehydrator.

On the snack sticks, how long those good in the fridge after thawing?

53010a5a409034b822ba8e6255e3df69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    You’re going to have a nice charcuterie board for the super bowl

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Damn that looks good. Those snack sticks are cured and will last a good few weeks at least. I have had jerky made and came in the same gold packs. Like the others have said I usually eat a pack once opened with some beers and so no worries. Where is the place located that you got it processed at?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Looks like you gave about a doe and a half away...

Bunch of ground given away and some other stuff, plus more ground in the freezers before I set this out.
    We have a full upright freezer in the storage room plus a smaller fridge we got JUST before Covid hit. I have no more room for any more meat here says Wifey. She's glad I did not get out for Primitive.
    Next season I'm going to butcher it myself (with a mentor), Finally have someone near me that offered to help tutor me.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Bunch of ground given away and some other stuff, plus more ground in the freezers before I set this out.
    We have a full upright freezer in the storage room plus a smaller fridge we got JUST before Covid hit. I have no more room for any more meat here says Wifey. She's glad I did not get out for Primitive.
    Next season I'm going to butcher it myself (with a mentor), Finally have someone near me that offered to help tutor me.

You did better than I did!! Butchering yourself is a lot of work, and an investment in equipment, but very much worth it.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Where is the place located that you got it processed at?

I’ll answer this. They are located on Detrick road, in new market, which is in Frederick Co.
    They started working out of this location last year. The place they use, is actually owned by a family member of mine.
    One of my very good friends has worked for Clint’s, for years.
    I usually butcher my deer myself, but I’m going to Clints more and more all the time. I make my own Jerky, so I just get a basic cut. A basic cut is $85.

Get this, they have so much help during firearms season, I dropped a deer off on Sunday morning, Monday evening they called to tell me my deer was ready to be picked up. Fast service, and the place is CLEAN! You can’t beat them in my opinion.
    I have tried some small samples of their sausage, jerky, sticks etc. all have been very good. I’m just to cheap to pay to have it made. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom