• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbageant

Jan 14, 2013
    DINO since 1975. It's he only way to have a say on who gets elected in Maryland.

You just have to keep looking at the floor and not make eye contact when you walk up to the voting registration table.

RonK

Oct 10, 2015
    Indian Head, MD
    One of the few call backs I've received from a delegate was C.T. Wilson back in 2018. I forget which bills we went over, he seemed agreeable to most things and stuck to his stance on one. Very respectable discussion.
    But it seems the reason he called was because I put in the email that I was a registered Dem and he said "No one that is a Democrat would put that in an email..." Told him to check the rolls and how I did switch just to be able to vote in the primaries.
    For a politician seemed a decent fellow, still a politician though...

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    What is a "DINO"?

NVM "Democrat In Name Only"

But what does it matter? Only helps in the primaries right?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    What is a "DINO"?

NVM "Democrat In Name Only"

But what does it matter? Only helps in the primaries right?

Correct. Only useful if you’re in a district without solid R representation (ie most of MD). In the general you vote however you want. I vote straight D against the incumbent in HoCo except for my councilman who’s R. Then I vote straight R in the general (can’t imagine there will ever be a D I’d vote FOR).

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    So has this DINO idea ever worked? Has an incumbent lost in the primaries that wasn’t outed because of some scandal? Sounds nice in theory, but has it worked or is it just a feel good measure?
    I’m not opposed to it, if it really helps.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    So has this DINO idea ever worked? Has an incumbent lost in the primaries that wasn’t outed because of some scandal? Sounds nice in theory, but has it worked or is it just a feel good measure?
    I’m not opposed to it, if it really helps.

Not sure the "movement" has ever ousted in incumbent. I'd like to think that when an incumbent Leftist sees a more centrist opponent begin to pickup more votes, it might make that Leftist start to look in their rear-view mirror and consider shifting their ideology.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To put it into perspective , DINO is the most effect possible strategy in Maryland .

For most of the state , the Dem Primary is THE Election . If you don't vote in it , you 90% don't effectively vote at all .

Even in areas that actually have GOP candidates , how often do they have Two viable candidates ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom